Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone use Help Medical Supplies?
Anyone use Help Medical Supplies?
I'm in the market for an Airsense 10 Autoset and they have one for $649 with free shipping!  That's way less than anywhere else I can find.  Sometimes low prices make me worried about it being a scam, or maybe they're selling secretly used equipment?  I haven't read anything online to suggest this is the case, but I'm still concerned.  Anyone purchase from them before?

Thanks,
MrZennie
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone use Help Medical Supplies?
That seems to be a fair going price. You can mention the name as long as you don't link a URL or use a .com suffix. I haven't seen machines on Amazon lately, and that used to be a reliable source. I have been seeing Airsense 10 Autosets on Craigslist that are new for $495. Those are sold by distributors, and while they will offer warranty, there is no other service. Make sure you absolutely know the model you are getting, and use a safe payment method with tracking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, $495 new w/ warranty?  Dang, I'm gonna check CL right now, thanks. Smile

Ok, I just checked. It's actually $595. That's still the best deal I can find, but it's kind of shady that it's listed as available in my city but then I have to call and order over the phone to have it shipped.
Post Reply Post Reply
He advertises it all over the country and sells a lot of units. Usually among the best prices. It's only a $50 difference from your other quote, so do what feels best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have talked to the guy on Craigslist and while not asking for a prescription for an auto CPAP, he did ask for a prescription for an ASV. I don't know what the difference is because the 2 machines are the same class of medical devices, but it seems as though it is more of a "legit" business, to me anyway.

And he was courteous on the telephone.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered my first CPAP from Help Medical Supplies. The transaction went smoothly and quickly. They are legit and I received a new unit at a fair price. I found out later that I would need an ASV machine and opted to get a used one from a different supplier (#2 on supplier list) but I was pleased with my experience with Help. I believe they have a physical location in the New York / New Jersey area. Just make sure you know the EXACT model you want and also consider if masks and hoses are included as this may affect overall price differences so shop around.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks man, I actually pulled the trigger on an autoset 10 earlier today.  I read some reviews of Help Medical online and a recurring complaint was that you don't get a confirmation email about your order, and overall communication on your order is lacking.  Sure enough, I did not receive a confirmation email.  Glad I read the reviews, otherwise I'd be concerned now.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Jeanette" there exchanged both telephone calls and emails with me while trying get my prescription to them. She was good about getting back to me quickly so if you have any issues I wouldn't hesitate to call or email them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 10:37 PM)MrZennie Wrote: I read some reviews of Help Medical online and a recurring complaint was that you don't get a confirmation email about your order, and overall communication on your order is lacking.

I haven't bought from Help, but here's a consumerdroid tip about that stuff in general for anyone in the United States. I found this out when ordering something else (not CPAP-related) from another company that also didn't bother to notify the recipient. United Parcel Service has a free online service in which they will send you e-mail notices whenever a shipper prints a UPS label with your address on it, then when your package hits a UPS warehouse, and when your package is scheduled to be delivered in the next day or two, again early on the day of delivery, and finally at the delivery time: basically any time there's a label scan that results in a change of status. You can also check their web site to get the estimated delivery time within a four-hour window (which is at least better than 8 or 12 hours). You can sign up on the UPS web site. After that, all you have to do is to make sure that the company you're ordering from uses UPS to ship your order: include explicit instructions with the order, and talk to someone on the phone about it, and send e-mail about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2018, 07:06 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 10:37 PM)MrZennie Wrote: I read some reviews of Help Medical online and a recurring complaint was that you don't get a confirmation email about your order, and overall communication on your order is lacking.

...  United Parcel Service has a free online service in which they will send you e-mail notices whenever a shipper prints a UPS label with your address on it, then when your package hits a UPS warehouse, and when your package is scheduled to be delivered in the next day or two, again early on the day of delivery, and finally at the delivery time: basically any time there's a label scan that results in a change of status...

Good advice!

USPS provides similar, also free, service.  I haven't found it as robust as UPS's yet it is helpful, and in the event suppliers don't communicate well (or correctly/honestly) it proves its value.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 156 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 872 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 377 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 390 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,584 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 527 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.