Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone use a dental appliance?
Anyone use a dental appliance?
Anyone use a dental appliance in combination with PAP? Any problems with the device causing more OA?

I used mine for the first time last night. When I put the appliance in my mouth, it moves my jaw and tongue forward. I can feel it opening my airway more then normal. I wore my chin strap to try to stop mouth breathing, but in the early morning I woke up with SEVERE DRY MOUTH. I can't really open my mouth very far with the device, especially with the chin strap. Would I still have been mouth breathing or was my mouth just open and had OA thru mouth?

Most of the night was okay, but then I had this OA/H cluster happen at 5:38am. I'm not sure what happened. The previous night, when I DID NOT wear my dental device, I had OA cluster happen at the beginning of my sleep. Usually AHI <1, but has now creeped up last few days to 2.95. Anyway, even with that cluster of OA/H, I woke up less groggy then usual. Probably due to less O2 drops that lasted less time. My machine hit maximum it was set to at 14, and still couldnt get past the OA. But I'm suprised with the dental appliance I still had OA. Unless my chin got tucked and blocked airway?

It seems when my machine increases pressure to it's max, I get more OA's that start appearing. Can increased pressure, cause more OA in some people?

[attachment=7061]
[attachment=7062]
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 131 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,756 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
Question CPAP "Mouth Only" Appliance? GrantT 4 474 11-16-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  CPAP + Oral Appliance = Leaks DoktorSpengler 0 322 08-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: DoktorSpengler
  Oral Dental Appliance RandomPilar 47 11,777 06-21-2023, 01:59 AM
Last Post: ZacMirror
  Dental Night Guard and Sleep Apnea RER9372 3 799 06-17-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.