Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone use baby bottle sterilizer to dry cpap eqpt?
RE: Anyone use baby bottle sterilizer to dry cpap eqpt?
I've never found the need to dry anything on a daily basis.

I take my hose in the shower with me about every 6 months. Hot water and liquid soap, rinse, hang to dry while I use my spare. I might wash the headgear once in a while, but it has always dried by the time I use it at night. I wipe my mask cushion almost daily and might give it a thorough soap and water cleaning every couple of months. That's it for the last 10 years or so.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
"That is a good idea, how long does a mask fit usually run for?"

good question. I'll have to check again but as I recall it's just a few minutes. I don't remember ever having to run it more than twice. however, it reminds me, and again I'll have to check to refresh my memory, that the machine may go from mask fit to normal running air flow (adding to run & usage time, recording leaks, etc.) unless smartstart is enabled to shut it off automatically if you're not there to do so.

I only use it if I didn't wash tube and mask early enough in the day as air drying for several hours does the job.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2021, 10:55 AM)Big Guy Wrote: When I wash my air hose, I hang it up afterwards and within an hour or two, it's dry. Not sure why some of you are having a difficult time getting it dry.  Dont-know

The same Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
I use wet wipes with alcohol to clean the mask all days, use dish soap to wash the mask properly every two weeks, just empty the water reservoir every day and rarely wash the water reservoir and tube, if I wash the mask I turn the PAP device on with it some minutes (I take out the memory card before doing that) to dry the mask. I keep my PAP device and all the accessories (I just don't put the power adapter) inside a clear plastic storage box with some silica gel bags, I put one bag with 130g wrapped in paper towel inside the water reservoir and another bag with 400g just inside the storage box, I put a cheap hygrometer inside the box too, inside that box the relative humidity is usually around 30%, so anything that was not dried turning the device on ends up being dried inside the box. I use those reusable silica gel bags that can be heated in a microwave oven (take the pingi brand as a reference). This is something that people know as a "dry box" and people normally use it to hold photographic equipment as cameras and lenses, but it can be used to hold anything. I ignore the saturation indicator printed on the bags and weight it know when to heat the bags and for how long when the hygrometer shows that the relative humidity inside the box is more than 40%. In practice the silica gel bags ends up needing to be heated once in a month or two for some minutes in the microwave oven.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hang my tube and any other parts that I hand wash (not many with an f20 Airtouch mask) near a furnace vent in the bathroom. Never had a wet tube.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
Question [Health] REMPlenish water bottle dehansenching 4 2,015 06-02-2021, 05:34 PM
Last Post: dehansenching
  My Baby Thinks He’s a Train Wcwilson 3 1,771 10-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a baby on nasal machine worthog 5 1,319 09-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Baby hid my filter brehenys 6 1,978 04-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: archangle
  baby steps...I actually slept! mzdawn74 14 4,027 07-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Last Post: kdmorris410

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.