Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone use essential oils?
Anyone use essential oils?
Has anyone ever used essential oils and are they as good as the 'hype' says they are?  People in my area all seem to be anxious to get on the bandwagon to buy these oils.  I've been invited to no less than 3 parties recently where a advisor promotes her product and of course offers you the chance to buy the product through her sponsorship.  Something just doesn't impress me here.  I've seen essential oils in the beauty section of our grocery store and they are a whole lot cheaper than these 'party oils'.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Anyone use essential oils?
That sounds a lot like the old Amway schtick. I would very leery. .
Post Reply Post Reply
The problem with grocery store oils can be that they are of variable quality, and they probably don't move very fast.
The problem with home party sales is that they have a high markup, and are probably blends.
I have found many on-line shops that advertise pure oils of a single kind, and their prices seem to be between the two. I haven't bought yet, but the place with the best prices also requires a $100 minimum before shipping. Of course, I've been looking in Canada, so my places probably won't work for you.
It's helpful to find some books about oils before buying any, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
i have used some oils, and they do make a difference, but go shop at a decent heath shop or aromatherapy store rather than the "parties" as the quality is low, and price is high
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
hi

I was looking for some essential oils from amazon, it comes with small jar of lavender oil with pads to put oil drops on to and a adapter for the hose that fits between the hose and the mask, it is about $30 , I  don't know how helpful it will be to inhale the aroma all night long, I am still looking for more information on it before I buy anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott,
If you are going to try an oil, buy some oil and cotton balls.  Dab a little oil on a cotton ball and place it near the CPAP's air intake.  You can control the intensity by moving it closer or further away from the intake.  Take the money you have left over out of the $30 and buy yourself a cup of coffee. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape - Love your last sentence, and truly wish someone would have given me that advice BEFORE I spent money at a party. I still feel foolish and I've yet to attend another of these 'parties'. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Synthetic Motor Oils justMongo 11 1,262 08-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.