Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone use hose hangers
Anyone use hose hangers
Can anyone give me some advice and feedback on hose hangers.

Anything to make the hose less intrusive in bed would be useful.

I've seen the 'hozer' and others but can't decide which is the best option.

The hozer looks good and sounds good but seems very expensive, is it worth it

All opinions very welcome

Thanks
D
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone use hose hangers
(11-23-2014, 09:57 AM)Eurika Wrote: Can anyone give me some advice and feedback on hose hangers.

Anything to make the hose less intrusive in bed would be useful.

I've seen the 'hozer' and others but can't decide which is the best option.

The hozer looks good and sounds good but seems very expensive, is it worth it

All opinions very welcome

Thanks
D

Yes. I use a strip of Velcro around the head of the bead which I thread the hose through.
The Velcro is loose enough that the hose can slide back and forth through it.

Works for me.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eurika,
Some people make their own hose hangers but, There is one that I use put out by Arden Innovations, you can find it at one of the suppliers on the list here on the board at the top of each page.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use the removable adhesive strip hooks made by 3M, and just wrap and trim a tie/zip wrap loosely around the hose. This way, I can place the removable hook in the desired spot on the headboard or side table/shelves by the bed, hang the tie/zip wrap which is strapped around the hose on the hook, and provide enough slack on the hose so I can twist and turn while sleeping at, night without getting twisted up in the hose or have the head strap pulled off my head. Works well for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Somebody else posted this link on the site. I tried it; It's nice.

[link removed] North American Healthcare JB5651 Cpap Hose Holder

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a custom made hose hanger. I got an old wire coat hanger. I straightened it out. Then I shaped it to hold the house and hang from a place on the headboard of the bed. When i moved from full time in my RV to a house I had to modify the custom hose hanger for the new bed.
It was expensive ($0) but has worked now for 4 years.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2014, 11:46 AM)pmyokhin Wrote: I just use the removable adhesive strip hooks made by 3M, and just wrap and trim a tie/zip wrap loosely around the hose. This way, I can place the removable hook in the desired spot on the headboard or side table/shelves by the bed, hang the tie/zip wrap which is strapped around the hose on the hook, and provide enough slack on the hose so I can twist and turn while sleeping at, night without getting twisted up in the hose or have the head strap pulled off my head. Works well for me.

These strips are really nice and cheap. $3 for 2 of them at Amazon.

I have something little sturdier since I am fearful of pulling on the hose in the night due to moving about.

I use a plastic clamp and a cable tie. Total cost ($0.99+$0.10). I put the hose in the cable tie. The cable tie in the clamp. And I attach the clamp to the headboard.

The problem I have with the hose hanger is that it doesn't allow you too much freedom to move (esp. with a 6 ft hose). And that its $$$ just because its a CPAP badged plant hanger Smile
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I made mine out of 1/2 inch PVC pipe. I made in sections small enough to fit inside the CPAP bag. I used the velcro cable ties to fasten the hose to it. I got every thing at my local hardware store.
Post Reply Post Reply
CozyHoze BOSS Hose Management System
Manufactured by Pur-Sleep.

$23.95
Post Reply Post Reply
The Cozy Hoze works great! I attach it with a high tech paper clip to my headboard. The North American Healthcare JB5651 Cpap Hose Holder works very well too. I use it for travel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,648 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 285 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 260 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,372 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 695 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.