Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone used a Sefam S.Box machine?
RE: Anyone used a Sefam S.Box machine?
Hi Guys,

I'm getting the hang of this thing now, and thanks for the help so far. I really appreciate it! Last night I had the best sleep that I've had for years, and although I did wake up at 04:20, I did doze off again until almost 06:00. I don't like my nasal mask. Even with the soft gel seal, it needs to be rather tight or else it leaks when I sleep on my side. I will buy a F&P Brevida nasal pillow mask next week so maybe that will work better for me. 

I've attached the chart from last night. It seems to look good with zero AHI events. How does it look to you guys? Thanks.

Keith R

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Kieth, those are excellent results, and I don't personally see them very often (assuming you have events switched on. I would suggest allowing the maximum pressure to go higher. You are using EPR 2 which reduces the effective pressure during EPAP and you might need a bit more room to allow this move. This will be especially important if you try a EPR at 3. I suspect that pressure is rising on flow limitations.

On future charts, please minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the ^ on the date line, and turn off the pie chart in the menu File/Preferences/Appearance. Thanks!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I did have the max pressure set to 10 but then I saw a few CA events appear. I\ll try some more with your suggestions but it will probably be next week sometime when I get the nasal pillow mask.

Keith R
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, I went through some phases of adjusting to xPAP therapy. One phase had it difficult for me to get more than 4 or so hours of sleep. I believe it's because my body was finally getting restful & restorative sleep, so it thought 4 hours of restorative sleep was fine enough.

Also, with having gotten such restorative sleep, when I'd wake up (to use the restroom, or tend to a dog, etc.), my body had trouble going to sleep because it wasn't so dead tired. Thus my ears would hear everything, and my brain couldn't shut back down to go to sleep. (This still happens to me, but now after about 7 hours of sleep.)

It's a phase. You'll get through it. I think the body needs to adjust to getting restful sleep, and once it's used to that it'll start wanting *more* hours of restful sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Hydrangea, I really appreciate all of the encouragement on this forum. I was rather desperate before because I just did not get what I needed from the clinician that did my tests. I must say that I am confident that with all this help, I will get better. Be well.

Keith R
Post Reply Post Reply
Surprised 
I there ,

Yes, I am using a Sefam S.box. Another greiksa Boertjie.

Please let me know what you need and I wiill assit you.

GreakAU
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey there KeithR, GreakAU ( and all ! ),

Have you managed to import your Sefam data to Oscar maybe? I can't seem to figure it out (or maybe it's not supported/compatible with any other model at all) but I thought of asking as importing a folder or reading from a card doesn't seem to do anything for me.

I got a bit confused with Keith's replies here since there are screenshots and mentioned of a Sefam machine but not sure if those are still from the Autoset afterall haha .

If Oscar doesn't support it yet ( I'll try to see if I can help on that ^_^ ) is there any other software that you're using maybe? The phone application is not that great to be honest :/ .

Cheers,
Kostas
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm finding the S.Box very quiet - their is little or no motor 'whine' - the main noise heard is of air rushing into the inlet when you take a breath.  Their are certainly reasons to prefer an Resmed Airsense - easy of use (GUI) and being able to use OSCAR.

But I'd say not much wrong with the S.Box if thats you're only choice. (It was in my case, as it was issued by the UK NHS)
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,244 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,301 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubting my Sefam S.Box Irish2024 1 376 01-06-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: dbcpap
  [Equipment] Philips Dreamstation 1 vs Sefam S.Box (S Box, SBox) dbcpap 6 1,454 12-01-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: DrJelly
  First night on Sefam S.box Rebdr 13 847 10-25-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,811 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.