Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
Does anyone in the Forum have experience with the CMS 50-D Plus storage oximeter? I am interested in having an overnight home display of pulse and oxygen saturation rates. This Oximeter if very attractively priced( ~$63.), and claims good accuracy and compatibility with Windows XP computer.

I would appreciate any comments

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
(03-27-2012, 10:14 PM)TheDuke Wrote: Does anyone in the Forum have experience with the CMS 50-D Plus storage oximeter? I am interested in having an overnight home display of pulse and oxygen saturation rates. This Oximeter if very attractively priced( ~$63.), and claims good accuracy and compatibility with Windows XP computer.

I would appreciate any comments

TheDuke

i'm interested too. i am going to buy one because the cms 50 series is supposed to work with sleepyhead. just not sure if i want D+, E or F. i want to pay the least i can but still get something that will work good and work good with sleepyhead.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I may buy one as well. It is something I need to watch anyway.

Is the supplier listed on the supplier's list found here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 12:10 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I may buy one as well. It is something I need to watch anyway.

Is the supplier listed on the supplier's list found here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
CMS 50D Plus
Supplier #19 (for pulse oximeters)

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the CMS-50E Plus which is the wrist version and a seperate finger reader. I dont know how I coped without it as it shows you how good a nights sleep you had and apneas show up really well, I paid around £50.00. It comes with its own software but you can use sleepyhead if you prefer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 03:33 AM)Gazby Wrote: I have the CMS-50E Plus which is the wrist version and a seperate finger reader. I dont know how I coped without it as it shows you how good a nights sleep you had and apneas show up really well, I paid around £50.00. It comes with its own software but you can use sleepyhead if you prefer.

i'm asking because i really don't understand what you meant. you said it shows how good a nights sleep you had. i thought this would just show o2 levels. so, you mean if you had good o2 levels you had a good nights sleep or is there more to what it shows? i guess you meant apneas show up real well in that o2 drops = apnea. thanks.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 12:25 AM)zonk Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 12:10 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I may buy one as well. It is something I need to watch anyway.

CMS 50D Plus
Supplier #19 (for pulse oximeters)

That supplier has a good price for the 50D plus!!

I bought elsewhere a couple of days ago and paid 11$ more when both are calculated with the shipping added in.
The Oximeter should be delivered tomorrow.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2012, 07:21 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 03:33 AM)Gazby Wrote: I have the CMS-50E Plus which is the wrist version and a seperate finger reader. I dont know how I coped without it as it shows you how good a nights sleep you had and apneas show up really well, I paid around £50.00. It comes with its own software but you can use sleepyhead if you prefer.

i'm asking because i really don't understand what you meant. you said it shows how good a nights sleep you had. i thought this would just show o2 levels. so, you mean if you had good o2 levels you had a good nights sleep or is there more to what it shows? i guess you meant apneas show up real well in that o2 drops = apnea. thanks.

It can tell you alot about your sleep, you can see your 90 minute cycle, you can see when you was dreaming and when you was in deep sleep, it shows apneas because it also gives you a trace reading of your pulse so pulse goes up when O2 goes down (Apnea) it can show how fit you are and also its good to stay of your pap for a night and record yourself to see how bad you sleep and compare the two readings, its quite a handy gadget.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2012, 01:57 AM)Gazby Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 07:21 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:

It can tell you alot about your sleep, you can see your 90 minute cycle, you can see when you was dreaming and when you was in deep sleep, it shows apneas because it also gives you a trace reading of your pulse so pulse goes up when O2 goes down (Apnea) it can show how fit you are and also its good to stay of your pap for a night and record yourself to see how bad you sleep and compare the two readings, its quite a handy gadget.

thanks. i get it now. also i went to a seller and saw screenshots.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
today i ordered a CMS50D+ from supplier 19. i hope it works as advertised. i was pleasantly surprised because it is sunday and i got an e-mail 3 hours after ordering, saying thay my item was packaged, had a usps priority mail number assigned and was ready to ship monday morning. south alabama is not that far from them in north georgia so i'm thinking i may have it wednesday.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,220 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 673 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.