Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
RE: Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
(04-01-2012, 08:33 PM)pssnn Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 07:55 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: today i ordered a CMS50D+ from supplier 19. i hope it works as advertised.

Tonight will be the third night for me using the CMS50D+ and so far it has worked great and is fun to play with! It was a little tricky getting the data into Sleepyhead at first but it is easy after doing it a couple of times.

Would you please share how you did that? I finally got additional instructions for getting the stored, nightly data into the computer but in the process, took it off "record" and then when I turned it on again, my data disappeared, just like the instructions said it would! Grin Very frustrating.

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 08:36 AM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Would you please share how you did that?

Pssnn wrote a wonderful article on importing CMS 50D Plus oximeter data into SleepyHead. It's on the Apnea Board Wiki at this link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 09:31 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 08:36 AM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Would you please share how you did that?

Pssnn wrote a wonderful article on importing CMS 50D Plus oximeter data into SleepyHead. It's on the Apnea Board Wiki at this link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Thanks Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want a 24 hour record, you must get the CMS50 D PLUS, not the CMS 50 D. The 50 D does not keep a record.

I have both the CMS50 D plus and the CMS 50E. If you shop around you can get the CMS 50 E for about $20 more than the D plus.

Personally, I like the CMS 50 E for the following reasons:

1. When you look at your data, the CMS 50 D plus, does not allow you to enter the time when you start your recording. The flow chart will show you your pulse ox against a time line of running hours and minutes, but not against the exact time during the night.

2. The software that comes with the latest versions of the CMS 50E, IMO, is improved over the older software that comes with the CMS 50 D plus. It is easier to use. There is little chance that you are going to lose your data when you stop the recording and begin uploading the data to the computer. There is an actual upload data selection in the menu options with the E; not so with the D plus, leading to some confusion and possibly lost data, if you aren't careful.

Having said all of this, I DO prefer being able to use replacable batteries with the D plus. The E uses a lithium cell which is rechargable but not replacable. That's why I originally got the D plus, but was disappointed I couldn't enter the actual time and then bought the E. Both devices are equally accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Doc,

Please post this in the Product Reviews Forum section. There are threads for both the CMS 50D+ and CMS 50E. I think a lot of people are confused which to buy, the price being so similar, and you mention some really good points.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, if you go to the Supplier #19 web site and go to the Manuals/Downloads button (on the left) they have the Contec software for free download. Don't know if it's a 50D+ vs. 50E software issue or if you might have bought them at different times and gotten different versions. SPO2 Version 1.2 seems to be the highest revision release they have.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 03:04 PM)jdireton Wrote: By the way, if you go to the Supplier #19 web site and go to the Manuals/Downloads button (on the left) they have the Contec software for free download. Don't know if it's a 50D+ vs. 50E software issue or if you might have bought them at different times and gotten different versions. SPO2 Version 1.2 seems to be the highest revision release they have.

The lastest version of Review software IS 1.2. This software will work with all of the CMS programable pulse oximeters.

However, if you look at this download site, you will also see the Sp02 Assistant software. Sp02 ASSISTANT v. 2.2 is a newer, more integrated software that comes with the newer CMS 50 E, CMS 50 EW (Bluetooth), CMS 50 H, and CMS 50 I. If you are ordering one of these devices, be sure it has the firmware version that will support the newer software. The web site you have sited refers to these different compatable firmware versions in its download help instructions.

Unfortunately, this newer software won't work with the CMS 50 D plus or the CMS 50 F, because of firmware differences in the devices. I don't believe that even the latest shipments of the CMS 50 D plus or the CMS 50 F have the firmware that will work with the spO2 assistant.

BTW, the CMS 50 D plus is the ONLY one of the CMS devices that doesn't give you the option of entering the actual time. The other models I mentioned above, all do. Whether this should be an issue or not depends on whether you are importing your data into SleepyTime Software or not.
If you start you pulse Ox at the exact time you start your S9, it probably doesn't matter. I would guess that the time line of the S9 will guide you with the correct time for the D plus. Perhaps, anybody who has tried to use the D plus with SleepyTime might comment. I haven't yet tried.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CD with my 50D plus had the Assistant with it but I've not bothered to try it out. I will have to now! LOL
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
But...as pointed out in pssnn's fine Wiki article on importing CMS-50D Plus data into Sleepyhead, it is possible to sync the graphs so that your pulse oximeter graphs will show the actual clock time right along with all of the other Sleepyhead graphs which is a great reason to utilize Sleepyhead software.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 04:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The CD with my 50D plus had the Assistant with it but I've not bothered to try it out. I will have to now! LOL

Actually, if you can run SleepyHead with your 50 D plus, you don't need the Assistant. The Sleepyware software will tell you things that Assistant can't.

In particular, I wonder if the AHI index with any of the sleep software, over reports hypopnea, since it only looks at flow data delines and not the oxygen saturation changes. By definition there needs to be a 4 percent drop in that saturation along with the flow rate decline for 10 seconds in order for an event to be a true hypopnea. Without measuring the pulse ox along side the flow/pressure data, you can't be sure about the significance of those "hypopnea" events, can you?

Still, I worry about the D plus not recording the actual time. If I get up during the night to use the bathroom, my flow data stops, even though the pulse Ox continues. (You can't start and stop a D plus recording without writing over earlier pulse ox data.) Will the pulse ox data stay syncronized with the S9 data in SleepyHead when I resume using my S9?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,487 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,052 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 137 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 184 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 251 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 763 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 917 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.