Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
RE: Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
Good question. I would assume so IF SleepyHead reports the actual time vs time used. Meaning it knows you turned it on at 8pm, off at 2am (for pee break) then back on at 2:06am. If it does not keep track of that, then it probably would not.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 05:07 PM)BabyDoc Wrote: Still, I worry about the D plus not recording the actual time. If I get up during the night to use the bathroom, my flow data stops, even though the pulse Ox continues. (You can't start and stop a D plus recording without writing over earlier pulse ox data.) Will the pulse ox data stay syncronized with the S9 data in SleepyHead when I resume using my S9?

Dont worry, Be Happy!!! Banana

The Oximeter data stays syncronized with sleepyhead (assuming you leave it on and recording). What you will see in the data when you get up in the night is that the pulse rate increases and correlates to a blank spot in the xPAP charts where the xPAP was briefly turned off.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
This might be something to add to the Sleepyhead/oximeter wiki page.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 05:07 PM)BabyDoc Wrote: Still, I worry about the D plus not recording the actual time. If I get up during the night to use the bathroom, my flow data stops, even though the pulse Ox continues. (You can't start and stop a D plus recording without writing over earlier pulse ox data.) Will the pulse ox data stay syncronized with the S9 data in SleepyHead when I resume using my S9?

It will absolutely stay in sync as long as you don't turn the pulse oximeter recording function off. Say for instance you go to bed at 11:00 PM and turn on your flow generator and your pulse oximeter at the same time. You wake up at 2:00 AM to go to the bathroom so you turn your machine off but you keep the pulse oximeter recording. You return to bed at 2:10 AM and turn on your flow generator again. You sleep all the way through until you wake up at 6:00 AM when you turn your flow generator off and also turn off the recording function on the CMS-50D+ at the same time. Both units have recorded 7 hours worth of data.

Although you turned the machine off, the clock in it is still running so it's going to show a start time of 11:00 PM and an end time of 6:00 AM. However from 2:00 AM to 2:10 AM, your graphs will have a blank period for those 10 minutes. The CMS-50D+ is going to show data recorded for 7 hours continuously (assuming it doesn't fall of your finger). Once you import your CMS-50D+ data into the Sleepyhead software and sync the starting time, all graphs will show a start time of 11:00 PM and an end time of 6:00 AM.

The main thing to remember to stay in sync is do not turn off the recording function on the CMS-50D+. If you do, it automatically erases the recorded data and starts a new session from the point that you last turned the recording function on.

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I read the wonderful wiki page and it seemed to say that you must use the proprietary software that comes with the CMS-50D+ in order to upload the data from the device to your computer. Is that correct? The computer won't just see the data like normal USB storage media?

I do not have a Windows or a Mac computer, so I wouldn't be able to run their software. I have no problem getting SleepyHead to import the data every day from the SD card in my CPAP machine. I just plug the SD card into the adapter, wait a moment until it mounts, then tell SleepyHead to import the data from "the usual place." Clever fellow, that JediMark to make it so simple.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is correct. You do not see the device listed on the computer and cannot take data from it without the SpO2 Review software.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 06:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: This might be something to add to the Sleepyhead/oximeter wiki page.

Yes I could add something to clarify the issue if you think it would be value added. I sort-of just took it for granted since I just leave the oximeter taped on and recording when I get up during the night.

I will be editing it sometime this weekend to address an issue B36 pointed out.
Post Reply Post Reply

You know, I don't believe that's an issue as you enter the start time on the Ox screen prior to downloading (I think it's before downloading). If you are following the instructions from Apnea Board Wiki, it is one of the steps listed. When you get up and disconnect from the pap machine, you wouldn't remove the oxmeter so it continues to record. As the clock on your machine doesn't stop, when you restart it, there is no loss of time, only an appropriately sized gap in your graph. So, you don't really loose anything.

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 11:20 PM)pssnn Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 06:35 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: This might be something to add to the Sleepyhead/oximeter wiki page.

Yes I could add something to clarify the issue if you think it would be value added. I sort-of just took it for granted since I just leave the oximeter taped on and recording when I get up during the night.

I will be editing it sometime this weekend to address an issue B36 pointed out.

The Wiki had been updated to cover this issue as well as the issue where Oximeter data charts are not visable after importing into sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're good. I like you. Will you be my friend?

On another note, if you take the oximeter off your finger and the record is still on, it will still record. Only it will be a flat line. I've had a few of those and it is freaky to see.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,482 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,048 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 137 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 183 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 250 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 762 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 913 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.