Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
RE: Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
(05-20-2012, 01:23 PM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Any idea how long the batteries will last before needing to be replaced? I'm out of AAA and this will be my third night on the same set. Debating whether or not to do the 30 minute trip into town to get more. Thinking-about

Suz

Suz: If you plan on being a regular user of your CMS-50D+, I would recommend you consider investing in a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger. It's more expensive up front, but it will pay off in the end. I can get 2 or 3 nights in between charges. Lucky for me, I already had some unused AAA rechargeables from a set that I had bought from Radio Shack previously.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2012, 07:28 PM)pssnn Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 01:23 PM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Any idea how long the batteries will last before needing to be replaced? I'm out of AAA and this will be my third night on the same set. Debating whether or not to do the 30 minute trip into town to get more. Thinking-about

Suz

My batteries last about 4 nights before I start getting the little flashing light.

Oh phew!! I made the right decision for once. Tomorrow will be soon enough. Smile

Suz

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2012, 08:51 PM)b360155 Wrote: Suz: If you plan on being a regular user of your CMS-50D+, I would recommend you consider investing in a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger. It's more expensive up front, but it will pay off in the end. I can get 2 or 3 nights in between charges. Lucky for me, I already had some unused AAA rechargeables from a set that I had bought from Radio Shack previously.

I was thinking of doing that but I had read a number of comments about the batteries not staying charged well enough. It still might be the better way to go so haven't dismissed the idea yet. Thanks for your suggestion!

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I just got the CMS 50-D Plus, and I used it overnight.

I am doing a research project on sleep apnea using it, and I noticed that some of you said it was able to identify hypopneas. I would really love to see your data so I could compare. It's been hard to find people with apnea willing to try it out on short notice. Is anyone interested in sending me their raw data and/or data summary from an overnight test where they had hypopneas?
You can remain completely anonymous.

Also, it fell out in the middle of my sleep, I put it back on for a bit in the morning. Does anyone know of a way to keep it on?

Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2012, 08:51 PM)b360155 Wrote: Suz: If you plan on being a regular user of your CMS-50D+, I would recommend you consider investing in a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger. It's more expensive up front, but it will pay off in the end. I can get 2 or 3 nights in between charges. Lucky for me, I already had some unused AAA rechargeables from a set that I had bought from Radio Shack previously.

If going with rechargable batteries ... make sure they are Nickel–metal hydride as they hold their charge longer and can be recharged many more times.

Absolutely stay away from Ni-Cad batteries.

Post Reply Post Reply
Finally got my CMS 50D+

I used it last night and my O2 went from 98% awake to the lowest of 94% overnight which I'm very pleased with. My BPM stayed a reasonable 75 bpm with a couple of spikes up to 80 bpm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2012, 08:51 PM)b360155 Wrote:

Suz: If you plan on being a regular user of your CMS-50D+, I would recommend you consider investing in a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger. It's more expensive up front, but it will pay off in the end. I can get 2 or 3 nights in between charges. Lucky for me, I already had some unused AAA rechargeables from a set that I had bought from Radio Shack previously.

Make them Lithium Ion. If they're not available, Nickel Metal Hydride.
Avoid the ancient technology, Nickel Cadmium, not-so-affectionately known as "NiCads" or NiCd" batteries.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2013, 09:33 AM)Cobra4x4 Wrote: If going with rechargable batteries ... make sure they are Nickel–metal hydride as they hold their charge longer and can be recharged many more times.

I'd go with NiMH over the lithium. If I understand the data sheets, NiMH and Lithium batteires have the same capacity and you can recharge NiMH.

NiMH batteries have much more capacity than regular AAA batteries. Based on the cost of the batteries, they pay for themselves once you have recharged them two or three times. I use Rayovac Hybrids for all my AA and AAA batteries and am very satisfied with the results. They also have long shelf life and capacity for many recharges. Ni-Cads have very short shelf life; they self discharge very quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2013, 09:20 PM)aehjr Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 09:33 AM)Cobra4x4 Wrote: If going with rechargable batteries ... make sure they are Nickel–metal hydride as they hold their charge longer and can be recharged many more times.

I'd go with NiMH over the lithium. If I understand the data sheets, NiMH and Lithium batteires have the same capacity and you can recharge NiMH.

NiMH batteries have much more capacity than regular AAA batteries.

Hold it there - re-read my message again Hammer

I never endorsed lithium batteries. I could - but I won't.
I said Lithium ION batteries. In my country they are widely used for modern mobile ("cell") phones but I'm sure if you look in the right places you can get them in other formats too.
Indeed they are superior to Nickel-Metal-Hydride. So if they come in your size, they are the ones to get.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2013, 10:54 PM)Ugly Wrote: Hold it there - re-read my message again Hammer

I never endorsed lithium batteries. I could - but I won't.
I said Lithium ION batteries. In my country they are widely used for modern mobile ("cell") phones but I'm sure if you look in the right places you can get them in other formats too.
Indeed they are superior to Nickel-Metal-Hydride. So if they come in your size, they are the ones to get.

Ugly - Hold it there. Your rudeness is unbecoming.

My quick check of Lithium Ion batteries in AAA size indicates they are the wrong voltage for the oximeter. 3.5-3.7 volts vice the 1.5 nominal called for by the oximeter. Your endorsement would fry a CMS 50-D oximeter.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 807 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,861 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.