Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
RE: Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
:rollseyes:

Now children.

Play nice or I'll have to cut the cord to your PS3.

Smile

Looks like you're stuck with the AAA size battery format. This is ok.
It is workable.

Go over to Amazon and look for the La Crosse Technology BC1000 battery charger.
Yes, it will cost some money but that is because it is a good charger.
Buy some Eneloop AAA size batteries (low discharge rate NIMH batteries)
and you're in business.

If you go to Walmart and buy their junk you'll be replacing it so often you could have had the good one many times over.
This is a case where what's good aint cheap and what's cheap ain't good.

There! Problem solved!

Cheers, Peace, Love and Carrots!

=^.^=

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to the CMS 50D+ thread ....

I tried it with sleepyhead and it crashes sleepyhead when I click on the oximetery tab. Any help would be appreciated

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2013, 01:21 PM)aehjr Wrote: Ugly - Hold it there. Your rudeness is unbecoming.

Rudeness? I apologize because I never meant anything of the sort.
I never mean to be rude and I like each and every person here.
I'm very sorry I came across that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2013, 09:24 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(04-06-2013, 01:21 PM)aehjr Wrote: Ugly - Hold it there. Your rudeness is unbecoming.

Rudeness? I apologize because I never meant anything of the sort.
I never mean to be rude and I like each and every person here.
I'm very sorry I came across that way.

Thanks, Ugly. The hammer hitting the head hit me wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2012, 10:14 PM)TheDuke Wrote: Does anyone in the Forum have experience with the CMS 50-D Plus storage oximeter? I am interested in having an overnight home display of pulse and oxygen saturation rates. This Oximeter if very attractively priced( ~$63.), and claims good accuracy and compatibility with Windows XP computer.

I would appreciate any comments

TheDuke

I have a CMS-60C which I used once. Easy to use and comes with software (My OS is Win 7). O2 and PR readings are graphed for the entire night. I have nothing to check it against, but I believe it is accurate. I'm happy with it and wanted to use it on my wife, but she wouldn't tolerate that thingy on her finger!
Post Reply Post Reply
Can someone post a SpO data file readalbe by sleepyhead? Appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2013, 04:01 AM)uoc0020 Wrote: Can someone post a SpO data file readalbe by sleepyhead? Appreciated!

If you're looking for information on how to import your SpO2 data into your Sleepyhead graphs, here's some great detailed information about the process from the Apnea Board Wiki.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
So I think I bought the wrong model from vendor 19

I wanted the USB version to download but the CMS-50DL does not have a USB port so it is just a stand alone unit

Am I correct in this assumption?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2013, 09:25 AM)homeless Wrote: So I think I bought the wrong model from vendor 19

I wanted the USB version to download but the CMS-50DL does not have a USB port so it is just a stand alone unit

Am I correct in this assumption?

Yes, you are correct. I bellieve the CMS-50D Plus is Contec's lowest price pulse oximeter that has overnight recording capabiility. The CMS-50DL does not. If you haven't used it much and have the original packaging, I'm sure Supplier 19 would allow you to return it and upgrade. Kevin is the owner's name and he's been very helpful to me when I had some issues with the software.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2013, 11:12 PM)Cobra4x4 Wrote: Back to the CMS 50D+ thread ....

I tried it with sleepyhead and it crashes sleepyhead when I click on the oximetery tab. Any help would be appreciated

I am new to this myself, but I think I just solved this problem. I am running Win7 64bit. I right clicked the sleepy head icon and edited the properties. I changed it to run in Win XP compatibility mode. When I did I was able to run the automatic update the next time I ran Sleepy Head. After the update it let me open the import screen without crashing.
The sleepyhead wiki provided the rest of the info I needed to get it done.

Hope that helps. I am going to try my first data collection tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 91 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 809 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,872 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.