Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
RE: Anyone using CMS 50-D Plus Oximeter?
(04-01-2012, 07:55 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: today i ordered a CMS50D+ from supplier 19. i hope it works as advertised.

Tonight will be the third night for me using the CMS50D+ and so far it has worked great and is fun to play with! It was a little tricky getting the data into Sleepyhead at first but it is easy after doing it a couple of times.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 08:33 PM)pssnn Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 07:55 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: today i ordered a CMS50D+ from supplier 19. i hope it works as advertised.

Tonight will be the third night for me using the CMS50D+ and so far it has worked great and is fun to play with! It was a little tricky getting the data into Sleepyhead at first but it is easy after doing it a couple of times.

thanks for the encouragement. is there a way to sync it in sleepyhead so everything matches or how will that part work?
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Why don't you guys post Howtos about how you do this, so that prospective buyers are not daunted by the unknown difficulty?

Are either of you using the wireless interface? I am a little daunted by the idea of more connections to my body during sleep. If using wires, then how much of a hassle is this?
My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 08:45 PM)Netskier Wrote:

Why don't you guys post Howtos about how you do this, so that prospective buyers are not daunted by the unknown difficulty?

Are either of you using the wireless interface? I am a little daunted by the idea of more connections to my body during sleep. If using wires, then how much of a hassle is this?

i'm brand new to this. i just ordered today. as far as i see the oximeter is a simple finger rig. in the morning you plug into the computer with a usb cord much the same as you download your sd card. at least thats the way i understand this unit.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I'm going to order the CMS 50D also. It says the software that comes with it isn't compatible with Mac. Can I import the readings directly into the SleepyHead software on my Mac?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 08:54 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:

i'm brand new to this. i just ordered today. as far as i see the oximeter is a simple finger rig. in the morning you plug into the computer with a usb cord much the same as you download your sd card. at least thats the way i understand this unit.

Its pretty straightforward except that the oximeter manual was written by a non-english literate person (or perhaps a translation program) and it is somewhat confusing.

Like JediMark has mentioned, start the CPAP and the Oximeter at the same time and syncing won't be a problem. Sleepyhead crashed on me when I tried to download directly from the meter but is playing nice if the data is saved and then imported into sleepyhead.

I was wondering if anyone had written a "How To" yet. I would be happy to volunteer but can't write it until tomorrow when I get off work Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 09:39 PM)pssnn Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 08:54 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 08:33 PM)pssnn Wrote: Tonight will be the third night for me using the CMS50D+ and so far it has worked great and is fun to play with! It was a little tricky getting the data into Sleepyhead at first but it is easy after doing it a couple of times.

Its pretty straightforward except that the oximeter manual was written by a non-english literate person (or perhaps a translation program) and it is somewhat confusing.

Like JediMark has mentioned, start the CPAP and the Oximeter at the same time and syncing won't be a problem. Sleepyhead crashed on me when I tried to download directly from the meter but is playing nice if the data is saved and then imported into sleepyhead.

I was wondering if anyone had written a "How To" yet. I would be happy to volunteer but can't write it until tomorrow when I get off work Smile
thanks. i imagine it will all come clear to me in a couple days.
pm supersleeper about writing a wiki page or writing the input for one.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the how to instructions complete but am going to post it in a Wiki page. This may take a few days to complete. If anyone want a copy of the instructions before the Wiki is complete just send me a PM and I will reply with the instructions pasted into the message.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 09:35 PM)shutterbug sue Wrote: I think I'm going to order the CMS 50D also. It says the software that comes with it isn't compatible with Mac. Can I import the readings directly into the SleepyHead software on my Mac?

Hi Shutterbug,

I do not have a Mac but you would probably have a hard time getting the data into the Sleepyhead software if you could not access the data and save it to a file.

The first time I tried to upload the data directly from the oximeter using the Sleepyhead software it crashed the program. The second time I tried, it imported the data but a plethysomogram was created with a jumbled mess of corrupted data.

This all occurred using a windows 7 system so I am not sure what would happen with a Mac. I know at some point JediMark is planning on working out the bugs with that part of the software.

If it were me I would try it anyway knowing that the issues will eventually be worked out, But then I like playing with software in an unconventional manner. Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2012, 07:39 PM)pssnn Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 09:35 PM)shutterbug sue Wrote: I think I'm going to order the CMS 50D also. It says the software that comes with it isn't compatible with Mac. Can I import the readings directly into the SleepyHead software on my Mac?

Hi Shutterbug,

I do not have a Mac but you would probably have a hard time getting the data into the Sleepyhead software if you could not access the data and save it to a file.

The first time I tried to upload the data directly from the oximeter using the Sleepyhead software it crashed the program. The second time I tried, it imported the data but a plethysomogram was created with a jumbled mess of corrupted data.

This all occurred using a windows 7 system so I am not sure what would happen with a Mac. I know at some point JediMark is planning on working out the bugs with that part of the software.

If it were me I would try it anyway knowing that the issues will eventually be worked out, But then I like playing with software in an unconventional manner. Rolleyes
i suggest you go down the forum and find the big sleephead thread and ask the question in there. jedimark does monitor that thread and reply sometimes.

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,456 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,027 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 131 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 179 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 246 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 756 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 898 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.