Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anything I can modify to optimize?
Anything I can modify to optimize?
I'm about to see my doc for an annual checkup. This would be the time I can get my prescription modified.  I can make whatever changes are necessary, but I need to have the ability to track via a paper trail (prescription).  So any suggestions to pressure changes I'll have to hold off until then.  Comfort changes, like ramps or EPR settings, I can change without waiting.

Here's a screenshot of last night.  This seems pretty typical for me.  I use a Fisher & Paykel Evora FFM.  

I can see that I'm bumping up against the top limit, but my AHI numbers are usually <= 1.0.  My range is 7-10.  I can request 11, but does it look like it will make much difference?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anything I can modify to optimize?
You could request 12 and the machine would not go there unless needed.

EPR=3 will help with hypopneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2022, 04:49 PM)clownbell Wrote: You could request 12 and the machine would not go there unless needed.

EPR=3 will help with hypopneas.

I'll check the current EPR setting.  I'm not sure what it is right now.

I think I'll also request to bump up the upper limit.  I've had CPAP for maybe 15(?) years now.  I think I started at 7, then got a APAP and was able to do 7-9 and then a few years ago went 7-10.
Post Reply Post Reply
All you need is EPR=3, Fulltime.

That will help your flow limits and we will watch your C
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll set EPR=3 tonight and see what things look like tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll wait another couple days to attach a new graph, I had a bad night last night. Nothing OSA related, just had a hard time getting any sleep. I think it was partially related to the new EPR setting, I had not been using it at all. By turning it on, I could tell a difference in air pressures and I think I needed a little time to get used to it.

One thing I DID notice with the EPR = 3: Until now, I've had problems with the Evora FFM after about 4 hrs or so. After that time, skin oils, and other sources of moisture caused a sort of slippery seal between the cushion and my face. Between breaths, air pressure inside the mask would leak out through that seal and cause me to wake up. I'd have to do a quick wash of my face and wipedown of the mask cushion to get another good seal that would last me the rest of the night. With EPR = 3 turned on, the air pressure inside the mask only rose during inhales, and the inner mask volume didn't have enough chance to pressurize high enough to cause leaks. This might have been the first time I've had a full night with a FFM and no leaks at around the 4 hr mark.
Post Reply Post Reply
What machine are you using? There is no EPR setting on Philips machines.

Flex isn't close therapeutically
Post Reply Post Reply
Please update your profile here on the forum to show what machine you are using. Your profile shows Philips Respironics but your OSCAR screen shot says you are using a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. Knowing what machine you are using will help others trying to understand your situation.

Flow limits are causing your machine is raising your pressure. If you can reduce the flow limitations, you may be able to reduce your pressure requirements.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed AirSense is my current machine. I got it when I stopped using the Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2022, 01:55 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Please update your profile here on the forum to show what machine you are using. Your profile shows Philips Respironics but your OSCAR screen shot says you are using a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. Knowing what machine you are using will help others trying to understand your situation.

Flow limits are causing your machine is raising your pressure. If you can reduce the flow limitations, you may be able to reduce your pressure requirements.

How can I reduce flow limitations?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 627 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 585 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 363 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  [CPAP] Help me optimize my therapy kasper04 6 532 12-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: kasper04
  OSCAR Review - HELP Optimize Settings MrIvanDrago 9 647 10-20-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  How to optimize low AHI / Why does ResMed miss? austinweathers29 1 405 09-11-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Looking to reduce leaks/optimize results DrGonzo90 1 530 04-17-2023, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.