Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apap Pressure tuning
Apap Pressure tuning
I've been using an Airsense 10 Auto full open @ 5min - 20 max for the last 27 months. (Long story) I was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea w/ desaturations. I was keeping an eye on my AHI during this period and was content to leave things alone as it remained @ 1 and below. However, my lax attitude probably contributed to early failure of my APAP. I replaced my overworked, wheezy blower with one I took from an AirSense 10 CPAP with 500 hours. It is quiet again and I have tightened the pressure range to 9-13 in an attempt to spare the new blower. I based the settings on approximately +/- 2 from my 95% pressure of 11.44 over last years stats. Since I made this change, my AHI has dropped from .92 to .63. Not a lot of data on the new settings but it seems to be OK. Is there a better way to optimized the pressure or is this a reasonable way to proceed? I'm just not crazy about spending money for office visits. Thanks! Happy to attach an Oscar file if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apap Pressure tuning
Welcome to the forum.

It is almost never a good idea to run an APAP wide open, that is from the therapy point of view. The lower number, the min, is the most important as the default is rarely what the user needs. The upper or max number depends on what is driving the pressure, some individuals, such as myself, have max set to machine max and rarely/never even approach the max setting. Others always see the pressure increasing to max all the time, usually do to Flow Limits.

Your AHI is excellent. How do you feel? This is extremely important when your numbers are good. What do your RERAs and Flow Limits look like?

Do post your screenshot from OSCAR, see the 'Organization' link in my signature for what to show, emos charts are more important than others.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bonjour,

Thanks for taking the time. Here is my Oscar data.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah, feeling great!
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah, feeling great!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 5 160 03-25-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: timthebaker
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 563 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 427 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,411 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.