Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apap mode causing mask trouble
RE: Apap mode causing mask trouble
Thanks...learned something new.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2015, 10:44 AM)truetopath Wrote: So my prescribed cpap pressure is 11cm from my split night sleep study, but I wanted to set a tight range on auto mode to see how my pressure needs fluctuate. I started with 10-13cm and the highest my pressure went was 12.5 and the lowest was 10.8. my problem was that with the nasal mask, every time the pressure would increase it would break my seal and I'd get woken up to fix the leak. So I tried the full face mask. Same thing happened. So the next night I tried 11cm-13cm. Same leaking happened, and also in Apap mode my AHI climbed to 3.9. When in cpap mode my highest was 2.4 and that was the first night. So my question is, is there a trick to stop the increasing pressure from breaking your seal? And is there a better mask style for Apap mode? Currently using an Ultra mirage 2 nasal mask, and ESon nasal mask, and a mirage Quattro, all of which I get great seals with in cpap mode.

Do you have a mask fit option on your machine? the A10 does and on occasion like after a mask tear down for washing I'll run the mask fit to get my mask adjusted as good as I can laying on my back and both side , so when I'm down for the count at night and my pressures increase I have less issue with leaks (oh they do still happen) but at least I've tried to stay ahead of them. I use a nasal mask which really doesn't fit real tight it kind of floats on the end of the nose but the key is balance or evenness if you will and I find it can help.
Good Luck and......
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Do you have a mask fit option on your machine? the A10 does and on occasion like after a mask tear down for washing I'll run the mask fit to get my mask adjusted as good as I can laying on my back and both side , so when I'm down for the count at night and my pressures increase I have less issue with leaks (oh they do still happen) but at least I've tried to stay ahead of them. I use a nasal mask which really doesn't fit real tight it kind of floats on the end of the nose but the key is balance or evenness if you will and I find it can help.
Good Luck and......
Sleep-well

I do use the mask fit in the same manner and then proceed to try to dislodge the mask with different positioning. Unfortunately, I get a good fit during the test then in the middle of the night it all goes nuts. Thanks for the response though!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 6 127 46 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Completely new, and in panic mode Fox66 13 242 Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Fox66
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 35,828 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 103 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 238 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,198 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,275 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.