Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apex Auto Apap/Cpap shuts off in CPAP mode
Apex Auto Apap/Cpap shuts off in CPAP mode
I'm a month into this with fantastic results.   I couldn't do this with reading about other experiences and learning realistic expectations.   I have noted that most of the nights I sleep the best at 12.5.   The mask doesn't leak, it is perfect for me.   So I took it off Auto and put it on CPAP mode at 12.5     After an hour or so - it kicked off.   I have no idea why.   Anyone with something similar?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apex Auto Apap/Cpap shuts off in CPAP mode
(10-17-2017, 01:37 PM)razormarsh Wrote: I'm a month into this with fantastic results.   I couldn't do this with reading about other experiences and learning realistic expectations.   I have noted that most of the nights I sleep the best at 12.5.   The mask doesn't leak, it is perfect for me.   So I took it off Auto and put it on CPAP mode at 12.5     After an hour or so - it kicked off.   I have no idea why.   Anyone with something similar?

Does your equipment have a data card?

If so, you might download SleepyHead and post a chart or two. Then folks can more easily get to the bottom of what's happening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it does.   It would take me a little time to figure all that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone have a similar experience with it or know which setting I need to change?   Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead requires very little figuring out, considering.

I’m not familiar with your machine, but could begin a list of possibilities:

1. You covered the safety valve in your mask, so pressure built up.
2. It magically came unplugged in your sleep.
3. There was an electric surge.
4. You have some kind of automatic setting that kicked in. (On mine, I’ve been confused by SmartStart; if it leaks too much the machine thinks I’ve removed the mask.)
5. It needs warranty replacement.

Was your machine new when you got it?
How do you know the mask isn’t leaking?
Post Reply Post Reply
There's probably an Auto-Off setting. Disable it.

It automatically turns off the machine after you take off the mask. Maybe it thought you had removed the mask so it shut down?
Post Reply Post Reply
Check your settings to see if the “auto on/auto off” feature is enabled.  If so, you may want to turn it off.
The machine may think your mask has been removed due to a leak and shut off.  

I know we don’t think we have Mask leaks or sometimes our mouths drop open at night and allow air to escape.  If this happens, the “auto off” feature may shut off your Cpap.

FYI....I don’t believe #SleepyHead software supports your machine.  Check the Private Files and Links Forum for software for the APEX Cpaps.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a low pressure auto shut off feature that is default to on. I have switched to a different mask since the last time I tried it and have turned this feature off. Everything was fantastic last night. Thanks to all who advised.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2017, 10:04 AM)razormarsh Wrote: There is a low pressure auto shut off feature that is default to on.   I have switched to a different mask since the last time I tried it and have turned this feature off.   Everything was fantastic last night.   Thanks to all who advised.

Glad that worked out for you.  I have heard that the auto on/off feature works better with some type masks than others. Good luck with your therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 5 109 27 minutes ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 3 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 153 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 5 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.