Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
RE: Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
Therapy after 01:00 looks much better. It's still a lot of events that will ultimately require ASV to resolve. The urgency of changing therapy is related to how well you can function with this level of sleep breathing disorder.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I already function better than before treatment with CPAP.
I will continue getting used to the sleeping with mask.
In a few weeks it will become time to evaluate with my sleeping center. In the mean time I will rely on you and the forum to optimise actual treatment.
It will be good to have all arguments to present a demand for a change in treatment if necessary.
How convinced are you that it will be inevitable? This based on your experience and knowledge.
Do you consider me as a severe case?
Don't forget the obvious.[Image: bigwink.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your improvement at lower pressure and EPR is significant, and central apnea will often respond to CPAP treatment that is optimized. Your charts don't give us the AHI or the individual event index (CAI, OAI, HAI), so you may want to include that in your posts. I doubt you will be free of central events, but they may well be controlled adequately or even well. As I said above, the urgency of changing to a therapy that targets central apnea depends on how well you feel and function with what we can accomplish on CPAP. We have had a number of people that do well on CPAP, but I can't predict the odds on if you will achieve efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Where can I find the event index figures. I can not use OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI statistics may be available in a non-graphic report, or on-screen. I'm not familiar with your machine or software, but it would be unusual not to have the events scored somewhere. If I had to guess, your AHI appears to be at least 10/hour, excluding the period where you made the pillow adjustment. It is interesting the lower pressure not only reduced the CA events, but OA is significantly reduced. This further points to a central apnea condition. I don't know how it works in France, but you will need to ask your doctors for a titration test with ASV if CPAP does not improve things even further.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
What does a titration test consist of?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a clinical evaluation under CPAP BiPAP or ASV that determines what your pressure requirements and efficacy is for a treatment. No clinical evaluation is actually required because ASV is completely automatic, but most people are required to try ASV in a clinical test to prove it is effective. In most cases, the test starts with CPAP pressure and moves to other therapy as needed. The link below is the Resmed Clinical Titration Protocol for all types of machines. This document not only tells you what happens in titration and the decision tree used to select the appropriate machine, but it explains precisely what these machine are intended to treat and how they do it. Good reading. You should read CPAP, VPAP and ASV sections.
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you , I will start reading now.
Is it possible to for you to contact  other Loewenstein users to see if there is a need/whish to study the possibility of submitting data to OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
From reading I conclude that the difference between iPAP and EPAP should be maintained at 4.
It seems to me that I a a bit squeezed in my values of 6-7
I am going for 5,5 - 8,5
What do you think of these ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think there's a hard/fast or required rule that states PS, the difference between EPAP to IPAP, must be 4.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 570 3 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.