Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
RE: Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
Neither dO I Dave, but doing the reading sleep rider advised I more or less made that conclusion by myself. What do you think of my chose values stated above?
I am going to sleep very soon.
Take care
Don't forget the obvious.[Image: bigwink.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2021, 03:23 PM)Hugosnel Wrote: Thank you , I will start reading now.
Is it possible to for you to contact  other Loewenstein users to see if there is a need/whish to study the possibility of submitting data to OSCAR?

We had a working version for the Loewenstein Prisma machines a couple years ago when the project was Sleepyhead. The version was written by a German member that understood programming and developed a loader for the data. Unfortunately he left the project, and we need to find someone that can program the loader so Oscar can read the data from your machine, and others that use it.  I know some of the code exists, but it needs to be finished and verified.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a network engineer but not a real coder.
I can take a look at the sources, maybe it does not take that much to change.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will send a PM to "bonjour' who is PM on the Oscar project. There is a forum here where you can discuss the particulars, and get access to the project. It is a very supportive group and I'm sure they will appreciate any help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, go ahead.
My obstructive apnea’s went down to ZÉRO centrale apnée  remain at 16/hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it is excellent to have accomplished a complete control of the obstructive apnea. The remaining central and hypopnea events cannot be addressed with CPAP. I think it's time to start doing some research on adaptive servo ventilation and how that is made available in France. I presume that will include a conversation with your doctor at some point. We have members from all over the world, and a significant number are on ASV. I just don't recall specifics from a member in France.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I am relatively happy with this fast and very positive result.
The central ones keep me from being satisfied. I must say that I suffered from what the call in French "attaque vagal"
The explanation is that the parasympathetic nervous system has a temporary breakdown. I ended in the hospital for a few days and have minor resulting problems (15 years) like dizziness etc.
IMHO this may be one of the hidden results from that period.
Anyway, I will have to find a solution and I suppose your experience is showing me the way. Tomorrow the sleep technician(machine salesman and installer) is helping me fit a F20 mask, so I will start with him. The sleep doctor is supposed to control in a month or so. Do you think I should see him before? I can still fiddle a bit with my pressure (lowering under pressure a bit).
Included my last two days on attachments.
Post Reply Post Reply
attachments:

Attached Files
.pdf   apnee0501.pdf (Size: 431.57 KB / Downloads: 11)
Post Reply Post Reply
This is remarkably improved! I think just keep these more comfortable and effective settings for now, rather than move things around. That will establish a better baseline for any changes you try in the future. It's possible the centrals will diminish as you adapt to the new therapy, and in fact, that is a common outcome. It will be interesting to hear what the equipment supplier has to say. We have a saying on the forum "central apnea is consistently inconsistent", and as you can see, you have more events on 05/01 than 04/01. I would expect this to fluctuate. The centrals are disruptive to your sleep and result in many arousals and RERA.

These can be addressed with ASV, but you won't tolerate any pressure support (difference between inhale/exhale) without the backup rate. Let me warn you that many doctors think the bilevel ST machine is a solution...it's not. ST (spontaneous/timed) bilevel uses fixed pressures with a backup rate. It makes central apnea worse, and you become 100% reliant on the timed backup rate to trigger inspiration. The ASV allows for spontaneous respiration by providing low pressure support to make breathing easier, but provides as much pressure support as needed to maintain your natural respiration rate and volume. You need to understand the difference between ST and ASV to avoid a mistake that will provide substandard therapy and a lot of discomfort. It has happened to many members.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I can only add ditto to this. ASV if issued will smash all your Apnea events into submission very handily. I'm meaning specifically the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. It will tackle Central, Obstructive, Hypopneas, even most cases of flow limits, at least in my use of it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 608 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,527 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,408 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 865 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 216 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.