Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
RE: Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
Thanx  Dave,
The resmed seems to be a very good idea.
I don’t think that I can just ask for another machine...
I will continue my sleeping with my APAP and see where it will take me.
Is it wise to drop the lower pressure with .5? Or shall I stick to my actual values?
Anyway, progress is being made, I will continue to the same level.
I will try out the technician tmrw...
Don't forget the obvious.[Image: bigwink.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd keep settings as is right now. Let it settle a day or so and see if you've got some trend we can pin down. Continue to pursue doc and getting a test if Central Apnea is actually seen by the doc. We see this scenario all the time, my own included in 2017, a sleep study shows CA but doc boldly states Obstructive Apnea is the issue. Mine in 2017 was study for regular BPAP. Results were 124 CA 24 OA and whatever Hypopnea were. Result? OA issue. See the problem? Now I'm not stating yours and mine are identical, just learn the lesson that docs mostly do not see CA or see CA as a problem.

OK class dismissed, and get a lots-o-coffee on the way out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Dave , I will change nothing . Just going down with a bad taste in my mouth after seeing your government buildings being invaded. This is going too far!
Nevertheless , docs can not ignore CA? It is a strong signal from the mastermind to stop breathing..did you read my remarks on my vagal attack?
I have had a good day with more energy, I can feel that finally deep sleep is coming through!
Take care.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad you're having a better day today. Please do be sure your doctor will focus on the central events. Your hypothesis is a reasonable one; the vagus nerve is part of the way signals are transmitted from the carotid bodies to the medulla in the neurochemical breathing regulation system. More here:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/med...moreceptor

Of course, the hypothesis could be wrong, but it certainly should be given some thought by your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
I am progressing. Without changing anything I had a good night, hélas without real deep sleep.
But ..no OA and.... Ca starting to drop down!!
Life feels better today, thank you all.
Hugo

Attached Files
.pdf   apnee0601.pdf (Size: 351.89 KB / Downloads: 2)
Post Reply Post Reply
The CAI is still far short of "efficacy", but the improvement is encouraging. The fact you feel good with what appears to be about an AHI of 15 overall, tells us just how bad it was before therapy. I still think complex apnea is an appropriate diagnostic label, and you should continue to consider ASV a better solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
M’y technician who delivered me the F30 mask started talking about a swap himself after I gave him my details.
He is going to consult the doc and we have an appointment for Monday to evaluate!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it's not working. Whether you need a different size or model is something you eventually figure out through trial and error. I'm surprised they are involving the doctor. This is just a fit and function issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think he meant a swap of machine -- at any rate that's what I'm hoping!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was confused between this and another thread discussing mask fit.

I hope you can get a swap that makes some sense. If you have done your homework on ASV you will be able to contribute more to the conversation. As I warned earlier, if discussion turns to the ST, you don't want that. You want ASV. Do you know why?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 852 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.