Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
RE: Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
Seems to me that sooner is better than eventual on the ASV. Some that have central or mixed apnea do OK on CPAP. I'd expect you to fall into that category on CPAP, OK that is. If you get any BPAP without a backup rate, I expect you'll tend to go worse. And then eventual an ASV which you'll very likely do very well.

For whatever it's worth, I've talked with Respiratory Techs when I was in hospital and with those at doc's offices and at supplier's. All say the same about me, I know as much or more than the techs themselves. They ask how I can know so much. When I explain that I had to know all this just to get my correct machine then that's pretty much end of discussion. If I'd sat back and waited for eventually getting XYZ machine, I'd still be waiting. I may be patient, but I'd rather get needed devices sooner than eventual. And it seems that the trend of sooner or eventual is comparing months to years.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do agree Dave. These days doctors have little time left to discuss. They probably try to escape from a lot of patients "who know it all from the internet"
As I do not want to be considered one of those, it seems best to go with the wind and learn from my experiences as you have. The moment I feel certain about my arguments I will put them on the table.
For the time being things are going in a positive direction although the results were better at the beginning of my treatment.
It must be complicated for the doctors to know how and when to listen. Their time is big money, so they optimize ...
Thanx for reacting!
Don't forget the obvious.[Image: bigwink.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
<<The AirCurve 10 S is a fixed-pressure bilevel device designed to deliver effective, comfortable
therapy for a wide range of patients, particularly non-compliant CPAP patients.>>

I do not understand how it will be different from my actual loewenstein ..
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed S possibly isn't much different nor any more helpful. If the S model is what I'm thinking, it has static EPAP and IPAP and no backup rate. Don't know that would be helpful except we'd see data via OSCAR. I could see central and mixed apnea going up on this. Yes it's based on my opinion but also what I've dealt with personally. And if your mixed/central act like mine, this elevates them not lowers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

My new machine is a Resmed Aircurve 10
The first night was a nightmare.
I include my OSCAR report.

ps the doctor apparently thought that the CA and hyponea were due to the precedent machine ....

Please advice
Post Reply Post Reply
This was predictable, and we warned you your doctor is clueless. Please post the chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
I am new with OSCAR. How do I export?

He again set the upper-pressure level to 12. I am swallowing air!
Can I set the PARM to fall in sleep and the EPR to one during PARM time?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Use the F12 key to take a screenshot. Also, I highly recommend that you use the links in my signature to familiarize yourself with OSCAR's capabilities.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You've done fine posting a screenshot, but could you do a few things to the daily chart and then repost it?

Turn on Central Apnea flags.

Include the left panel, first turning off the calendar (small triangle to the left of today's date) and the pie chart, if one is showing (Preferences).

Stack your graphs like this:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Snores
Flow limitations.

You can squeeze them into one screen shot by grabbing the grey bars that separate them and pushing them up a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok Domeo, here it is.Ok Domeo, here it is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,660 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,549 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 183 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 106 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,032 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 610 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,330 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.