Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
RE: Apnaes: difference between Central / Obstructive ?
will do!
Don't forget the obvious.[Image: bigwink.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello to all of you,

It was exactly on the day today, two years ago that I got my first CPAP to suppress my apneas.
I am really very pleased about the help. I received in this thread to get everything tuned and tweaked with, finally excellent results.
So this message is all about giving you a big thank you and ti wish you all a very happy end of the year and a good start for the new one!

The final settings I use are the following:

MODE ASVAuto
EPAP Min.  5,8
EPAP Max. 7,2
AI Min.      4,0
AI Max.      9,2

I usually spend 5-6 hours with the Reasmed and 1 or 2 with my wife LOL
Following is a typical night's sleep :
[Image: ressmed oscar.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy new year Camera. Nice to see you check-in. Don't be a stranger.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SAme to toy rider. all the best (sleep) in 2023.
I had hoped for a comment on my results :-(

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Results with your CSPacewave ASV shows good control of events and your respiratory volumes look very good; however the machine is very active in providing machine-triggered breaths. As a result many breaths are at or near the max PS. I think we spent quite a bit of time optimizing your maximum PS and that seems to be working fine. I don't recall if we tried lower PS-Min, which is currently set to 4.0. A lower PS min might reduce your need for higher PS breaths by maintain a better CO2 balance. I'm not sure you need a change, but have you tried PS 3.0?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider.
Yes, I also noticed all the activity but did not realize that maybe it could be reduced even more. I made the changes a week ago.
Lowering the pressure has done some good and I suddenly had a very rare deep sleep last night. Now I am wondering if some more tweaking might be useful.
Strange thing is that almost every night this period around three in the morning is the most unsteady one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 12 2,669 04-13-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,570 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 204 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 120 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,061 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 632 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 10 1,349 04-02-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: baolitoumu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.