Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea Acronyms
PLMD would be the condition, PLM would be the movements themselves. I'll make that distinction.

What's PSG?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
For those of you who have the SleepyHead software and ResScan, what acronyms are used? And what do they mean?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2012, 08:03 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: BPAP - bilevel positive airway pressure; not to be confused with BiPAP
BiPAP - a type of exhale pressure relief (trade name by Respironics)

BiPAP is the name used by Respironics for their bilevel machine. (I've never seen BPAP used to indicate a bilevel machine. Most people use BiPAP to refer to any brand of bilevel machine, like people use Kleenex to refer to any brand of tissue.

A-Flex, Bi-Flex, and C-Flex are the names Respironics uses to refer to exhalation pressure relief for their APAP, BiPAP, and CPAP machines, respectively.)
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-13-2012, 04:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: For those of you who have the SleepyHead software and ResScan, what acronyms are used? And what do they mean?

here's the sleepyhead glossary:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...r_Glossary
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster - I got the BPAP from several articles and from the Respironics glossary. They were all adamant that bi-level and BiPAP were two different things. I'd never heard of BPAP either!

UncaBill - I went there already. I was wondering if there were any you encountered as a user that should be listed.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Moved thread to Main Forum to get more exposure and input.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-13-2012, 05:11 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Sleepster - I got the BPAP from several articles and from the Respironics glossary. They were all adamant that bi-level and BiPAP were two different things. I'd never heard of BPAP either!

In that case, BiPAP is to BPAP as Kleenex is to tissue. In other words, BiPAP is a specific brand of BPAP. I would say, though, in common usage, BiPAP is an acronym for bilevel positive airway pressure. Or, if you prefer, an acronym for a (brand-specific) bilevel positive airway pressure machine.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Updated the list in the original post.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2012, 04:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: PLMD would be the condition, PLM would be the movements themselves. I'll make that distinction.

What's PSG?

Polysomnography. A medically long word for a sleep study.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply

Gotcha. Adding it to my list!
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea Acronyms ...? S.L. Ping Beauty 7 555 06-17-2017, 09:20 AM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Acronyms not on the wiki Aeolus 6 430 05-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Forum Abbreviations|Acronyms Diane1048 2 993 12-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Diane1048
Question Acronyms and definitions DumfriesDik 3 643 11-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  The thoughts that I have on Apnea Board, and two other Apnea/PAP related forum ares. BiLevel48 15 5,228 04-30-2015, 07:05 AM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  Is There A List Of Acronyms ? AHI? etc... player 3 1,033 02-08-2015, 07:28 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Questions on acronyms CasitaWayne 2 798 09-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Last Post: surferdude2