Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea Events Early On!
I've using my Bi-Flex machine for just a little over a month...With practice and patience I've achieve my new larger size mask to seal fairly-well. Now when I review my Sleepyhead data it appears that most of apnea events occur in the first 90 minutes of sleep... then everything remains fairly quiet until just before I wake up.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of pattern in their sleep behavior?

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2012, 02:22 PM)312capri Wrote: I've using my Bi-Flex machine for just a little over a month...With practice and patience I've achieve my new larger size mask to seal fairly-well. Now when I review my Sleepyhead data it appears that most of apnea events occur in the first 90 minutes of sleep... then everything remains fairly quiet until just before I wake up.
Has anyone else noticed this kind of pattern in their sleep behavior?

I'm just the opposite. And every time someone posts a screenshot of their data they are yet different again. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you actually asleep during those 90 minutes?

I can see how there'd be more events just prior to waking. My machine isn't data capable but using the oximeter, my most 'events' according to it is the last two hours of sleep and the first hour. I suspect that the first hour is because I am in and out of sleep or not sleeping at all.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do events occur with APAP machines BHappy 19 766 04-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Hypopnea events while awake ppca 6 297 04-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ppca
  Strange jump in apnea events 23Tucson 4 229 03-21-2017, 07:33 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Pressure] BiLevel Pressures Needed for Managing Clear Airway Events rafimf 5 271 03-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Increased Pressure, Increased Events, What to do? holden4th 1 242 02-22-2017, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Beej
  New machine - - high events Guynftl68 8 382 02-19-2017, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Events Per Hour looks61 8 507 02-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Last Post: RichardVT