Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea Software Talk group now forming [for future dev discussion]
Arrow 
Apnea Software Talk group now forming [for future dev discussion]
SuperSleeper Wrote:
Admin Note:
This thread is now closed.

If you'd like to join the new AST group, please refer to this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...to-contact

Howdy folks,

In light of recent events with JediMark and any new SleepyHead development coming to an end, I have been asked to create a new forum to accommodate discussions on how to move forward with possible development work for software package(s) to take the place of SleepyHead.

Several folks from cpap-talk and Apnea Board will be involved with this.  This is not an "Apnea Board" project at all, we're just providing a venue for discussion and offering any support the group needs.  This completely independent group will be utilizing a private forum hosted on our server here.

If you have the knowledge or ability to help in software development and testing, and especially if you are able to use tools like Hexinator to decipher machine code or other similar tools, we would love for you to join this group.

The new discussion forum is called "Apnea Software Talk" or "AST" for short.

If you meet the above criteria and would like to help, simply reply to this post or send me a Private Message (PM).  If you don't already have one, you can register for a free forum account HERE.

Entrance into the group is not automatic nor immediate -- your reply will be considered for membership into the group as soon as possible, but please be patient - it may take a while to consider all requests.  Those who ask to be included will receive a PM (Private Message) if entered into the group with instructions on how to proceed.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: Apnea Software Talk group now forming [for future dev discussion]
SS please consider adding me to the group I don’t code but I do have the QT dev environment built and the latest gitlab build compiled and running and in use daily I would like to assist in any small way I can with testing
Thank you for working to support alternatives moving forward.
Being a traffic engineer, I can't offer any help on the development side, unless you need someone that is good at plagiarizing dBase-III Big Grin
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

SS, Thank you for all that you do. Although I do not have the knowledge or qualifications to participate in this effort I really do appreciate the effort and dedication of those who can and are willing to do this sort of thing.

Stan
(02-10-2019, 05:56 PM)stanleydean Wrote: SS, Thank you for all that you do. Although I do not have the knowledge or qualifications to participate in this effort I really do appreciate the effort and dedication of those who can and are willing to do this sort of thing.

Stan

Thanks Stan, but I have very little to with the group.  I was simply asked to put the forum together and the development gurus are running the show.  Most of the folks who were a key part of previous development work are in there now and already off to a good start, from day one.

I really think they will accomplish great things, because (from what I've seen so far) none of those folks in the AST group are there for some sort of egotistic "personal promotion".  Rather, they've all got the idea that we all must work together to help provide a solid software package that will help as many sleep apnea patients as possible.  I fully believe that they will keep that primary goal in mind as they proceed.

Stay tuned... great things are coming... Eat-popcorn      Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I'd like to help out if possible.

I'm not much of a C/C++ guy unfortunately (more C# and JavaScript) but I'd definitely be down to help with infrastructure related stuff (I've done a fair bit of sysadmin/devops work) and could probably even help with hosting if that's a concern -- I happen to have access to a symmetrical 100/Mb connection or maybe even 1Gb (would have to look in to pricing) that might be at least useful as a mirror.

Other than that I'd definitely be down for some testing work, or even just muddling through some C if the project gets that desperate.

Although part of me has been tempted to go crazy and node-gyp pieces of Sleepyhead in to an Electron app for a major UI upgrade if anyone wants to go down a weird rabbit hole. Tongue <insert obligatory Electron disparagements here>
Looking to contribute to SleepyHead development
Hi folks! Bonjour pointed me over here and asked me to post. I'm a software developer from Chicago looking to contribute. Very new to sleep apnea and CPAP and SleepyHead. Nice to meet you all.
As the former (retired) Chief Technologist for Interactive Computer Corporation with hands-on experience in building large-scale systems, I would like to be added to the list. -- Steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
I want to start by thank JediMark for his excellent work with the SleepyHead program, sadly he has not been able to trust others to help him with the effort to reduce stress and major breakdown.

I want to contribute to the project, I don't have much time though but I'm a IT-consultant and works mainly with C# programming.

I have expecience with C++ but that was like 15 years ago, but I'm a tinkerer and are running linux and are not to fiddle and compile stuff myself.
Can you use someone who is competent at organizing, or subdividing tasks, sort of project management oriented?

I've had minimal programming courses, and took 1 system analysis course.

Not sure if that'd be helpful or not.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 428 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 620 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.