Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HumidX F20
HumidX F20
Hello;

I became aware of the HumidX "solution" for use with the Airmini and F20.

However, before considering the Airmini portable, I would want to see if the HumidX works acceptably.   I currently use a AirSense 10 Auto.  I use 1/2 tank of water in a 7'10" sleep.  I have an F20 mask.

The HumidX appears to be available in 3 versions....

HumidX for Airmini
HumidX Plus for Airmini
HumidX F20

I assume (correctly?) that I could simply order a pack of HumidX F20 cartridges to try with my Airsense and F20 mask ?

I also assume (correctly?) that the F20 mask with HumidX could be used with any CPAP machine, expanding the selection of portable machines.

Also, is anyone aware if the HimidX F20 is equivalent HumidX or HumidX Plus ?  

If anyone is using the HumidX F20 please advise how well it works for you.

THANKS!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HumidX F20
Yes you can use the humidx F20 in any F20 mask, be it air fit or air touch.
No it does not need to be with only the Airmini machine. Since it sits inside the mask itself, it couldnt care what is downstream, so you could have it on any machine.

Personally, I need lots of humidification. This capsule helps in a pinch, but doesn't come anywhere close to providing the same level of humidification as water based tanks.

What I tried once was to hot glue two humidx f20s face to face. That really help produce LOTS more humidification, at the expense of room inside the mask. For those with longer noses, this might not be an option, but it was ok for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HumidX F20
Thanks for the reply.  

One of the things I am also going to try out is the Z1 HME.  It is described as universal, and fits inline.  And is much cheaper but last 1 week.

I suspect it could be used in addition to the HumidX but if it be functional that way will need to be tested.
[DME Link Removed]  Try searching Supplier #10 for, "z1-heat-moisture-exchanger"

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed.

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini leaking noise at the humidx connection point ggoom 1 1,631 04-24-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: SleepinAZ
  Can I use the AirMini Humidx on other CPAP machine darral.freund 1 1,120 03-13-2022, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Moge
  Are Machines that use the Humidx system more likely to give you an infection? schaer 5 1,273 07-22-2021, 06:15 AM
Last Post: S. Manz
  [Equipment] F&P Simplus FF mask + Humidx HME ? Cantab 0 559 01-30-2021, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Cantab
  How do I clean the HumidX™ Humidification on my Resmed Air Mini avis 0 1,550 01-22-2020, 09:30 AM
Last Post: avis
  HumidX with AirMini F20 Setup Kit mcguirejohnr 3 1,883 10-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Stom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.