Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea and Pulmonary Hypertension
RE: Apnea and Pulmonary Hypertension
(03-09-2017, 07:45 AM)Haynbo Wrote: Thanks for your response-  I did change it yesterday to 6.5- I'll be anxious to see what that does. Thanks again!

Haynbo,
Please keep us updated on your progress.  Often, it is a work in progress, and may take a few tweeks.
Dont forget to download the #SleepyHead software.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't quite understand how to interpret the OSA vs. the number of Hypopneas- last night was my best night- my AHI was 2.6- with 3 osa''s, 2 clear airway and 18 total hypopneas- that type of ratio is what I seem to be getting- the total hypop seems to be the dominant number- what does that mean and is there anything that can be done? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
When you can, download #SleepyHead and send us a screenshot using the tutorials in my signature line.

It looks like your heading in the right direction, but may still need a little higher minimum pressure. Can you tell us what your 90% pressure reading is? Once we know that, you can set a pressure range around that number.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks- I will do that- as far as the pressure readings- it shows 13.0 for 1 day, 10.0 for 7 days and 9.1 for 30 days- does that tell you anything? Thanks very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2017, 10:28 AM)Haynbo Wrote: Thanks- I will do that- as far as the pressure readings- it shows 13.0 for 1 day, 10.0 for 7 days and 9.1 for 30 days- does that tell you anything? Thanks very much!

If those are 90% pressure readings, then your minimum pressure is still too low. Without seeing some data (a screenshot), I hesitate to advise on pressure changes, but you can try to set a pressure range of 9 minimum and 15 maximum.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line to organize and post here.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again- what should the 90 percent readings be?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2017, 12:19 PM)Haynbo Wrote: Thanks again- what should the 90 percent readings be?

Haynbo,
There is no "right" 90% pressure reading.  This is very individual and based on your need at any given time during the night.  

The 90% pressure is where you were at for 90% of the night and under.  Note the "and under".  
This doesn't mean you were at a certain pressure for 90% of the night.  But this number is a good start point for setting a pressure range that will work for you.  

If your minimum pressure is too far away from the 90% pressure, then the apap has a much harder time getting the pressure to where it needs to be to keep your airway open.......hence (the hypopneas).

Once you have #SleepyHead running, you can see the different apnea events and how your pressure relates to them.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Haynbo, welcome. Have you downloaded Sleepyhead and been able to build any data yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
As an update to my original post about the pulmonary pressures- with the stress echo that I had back in Jan the pressures were at 58- high!- I had started the CPAP therapy about 2 weeks prior to that but not very consistent- from that time on I have been very good with it and my cardiologist felt that with the treatment, the pressures should go down. Anyway, I had a repeat echo last Wed and the pressures dropped to 44- still above normal but much better than what it was. He feels that with time and consistent use of the CPAP I should see further improvement (hopefully).
I do a have a question relative to my daily results on the Dream Mapper- my results have improved but not to where I feel they should be- I have been fairly consistently below 5 with a low of 2.6 but my overall average stands at 5.5-my earlier results were higher which has impacted the average. My concern deals with the number of hypopneas that I have each night- while my OSA's and clear have been fairly stable at a lower number, my hypopneas are consistently higher- mid 20's to the 40's. I have read a lot about this and it appears that the treatment is the same- I do know that my nose breathing is probably an issue- I have always had issues with a stuffed up nose because of allergies and a broken nose from my football days- hence, I have always been a mouth breather. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to reduce that number and, if in fact, is that significant. As an aside, I still do not feel fully rested during the day- find myself looking at the clock and counting the hours till bed! Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your interest- I am working on the Sleepy head app- I downloaded it this morning but do not know how to transfer the data to the computer- I put a call in to Respironics and am waiting for a reply- I did do some research on it and I think I found that I need to get some type of an adapter- sound right? I'll post when I get it done. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 769 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 789 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,031 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,488 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,628 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio
  Apnea statistics question, how tightly controlled is your apnea? happydreams 24 2,882 06-13-2021, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  New to Sleep Apnea (central Apnea) cyipher 17 1,936 05-18-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.