Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea and Pulse Ox Level
Apnea and Pulse Ox Level
Been on CPAP successfully for several years--AHIs typically in the 1-3 range.  But in the last 18 months I've lost well over 100 pounds and that's got me wondering what adjustments I might need to make--or even if I need machine therapy at all any more.

A few nights ago my wife was annoyed by the sound of my Airsense in the middle of the night so I turned it off and went back to sleep.  When I looked at my Pulse Ox Level for that evening it looked...well, it looked pretty much the same before and after removing my mask.

SO i've been doing some testing over the last week and basically it looks like not having the mask leads to something like a drop of average Pulse Ox from the 94/95 level to the 92/93 and only a few minutes per night under 90 (and never below 88).  And no significant snoring while respiration rates are very steady at 12/13/minute.

That's getting in the range of normal right?  When is it worth getting a new sleep study for a new AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea and Pulse Ox Level
[url=https://t.co/Cj8knhGwXN][/url]First, congratulations on your weight loss -- that's an impressive achievement!

It would be helpful to see recent OSCAR charts, if you can post them.  For example, it will be useful to see if the machine has still been responding to flow limits or events, or if pressure has remained at the lower limit throughout the night.

O2 is one indicator, but many of the harmful effects of sleep apnea are due to disrupted sleep even when O2 is OK.

It might be worth trying lower pressure settings or other changes, depending on what the charts suggest.

Also, how are you feeling after a week or so without CPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea and Pulse Ox Level
I might try putting the machine settings to min pressure = 6, max pressure = 6.5 and EPR = 1, and run that for 4 to 7 days. post results.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 85 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 588 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.