Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally Got My CPAP Machine
Finally Got My CPAP Machine
So I finally got my CPAP this week.

It is a Weinmann Somnobalance with a humidifier. I also have a joyce mask. The first night was horrible. Felt my breathing was very labored and then I experienced mask rain.

The second night I made some adjustments. I lowered the temperature of the humidifier from 4 to 2. I also bought some fleece material and wrapped my hose in it. Since then, I have not had as much condensation in the tube.

My kids tell me I dont snore now and I am only getting up once a night instead of 3 times.

Some things I am still not sure of

1 When I got my machine, I checked it out. It is not a new model, but is from 2012. Not sure if this is a trial machine or will be my machine

2 There do not seem to be any stats from my nights sleep. I know some machine allow you to download the data and analyze it. I am wondering if someone has experience with this machine and can tell me more about it.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally Got My CPAP Machine
Hi larrygreg,
It's good to hear that after some adjustments, your CPAP therapy is going better for you.
Hang in there for answers to your questions about your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Who gave you the machine? Did they have other CPAPs that you could try? Talk with your doctor (and get a copy of the prescription) about the type of machine you were prescribed. Ask your supplier about data capable machines?

We could provide more assistance if we knew where in the world you live. Big Grin
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a German machine; and there is proprietary software to read it's data.
The machine is sold in the EU; so, I'd say larrygreg is in an EU country.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2015, 01:43 AM)larrygreg Wrote: So I finally got my CPAP this week.

It is a Weinmann Somnobalance with a humidifier. I also have a joyce mask. The first night was horrible. Felt my breathing was very labored and then I experienced mask rain.

The second night I made some adjustments. I lowered the temperature of the humidifier from 4 to 2. I also bought some fleece material and wrapped my hose in it. Since then, I have not had as much condensation in the tube.

My kids tell me I dont snore now and I am only getting up once a night instead of 3 times.

Some things I am still not sure of

1 When I got my machine, I checked it out. It is not a new model, but is from 2012. Not sure if this is a trial machine or will be my machine

2 There do not seem to be any stats from my nights sleep. I know some machine allow you to download the data and analyze it. I am wondering if someone has experience with this machine and can tell me more about it.

I am not familiar with your machine and whether it is data capable and if it is, if it will work with sleepyhead or if it has its own software.

Do you have medical coverage? If it were me, I would be taking this machine back, especially since it is obviously used, tell them you will not accept a used machine.

If you don't have medical coverage and chose a used machine, then make them give you a machine that is data capable. I am not familiar with your mask. there is also the possibility that you can get a heated hose with your machine (you will have to ask your supplier).

If you don't have a copy of your script and your sleep study, ask for it. If they give you trouble about giving you a data capable machine, go to the doc that wrote your script and tell him/her what machine you want and put dispense as written.

Also, it would be really helpful if you fill in your profile information.
Post Reply Post Reply
check out this link. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...8#pid95788 . He mentioned that he lived in Israel and that he only had two choices of machines, this one and the BMC machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys,

Yes I , in Jerusalem Israel. Been here for 6 years already. I left the states and never looked back.

Here I have and HMO health plan that had 3 machines. 2 were smart machines the BMC and the Weinmann.

I took the weinmann with joyce mask. I know there is software for the clinician. the machine needs a special usb adapter as well.

Had a problem friday night. At something that gave me indigestion. Had tons of burps, but could burp because of the positive air flow. Finally got to bed but I think I am having some small leakage issues on the mask. May consider asking for another type.

According to the plan, I get a new mask every year and a new machine every 3 years

Thanks for the replies

Larry

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 82 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,022 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 296 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 619 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 364 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.