Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea events preceded by irregular flow rate
Apnea events preceded by irregular flow rate
I am trying to improve my AHI results but continue to see events with a pattern where the event is preceded by an increase in flow rate.  I've been told that this may be do to position changes.   I'm wondering if there is anything that I could / should do to mitigate these events.  Or is my treatment already optimized as it is?

I use a ResMed AirSense 10 on APAP with pressure from 7 to 13, no ERP, full face mask (ResMed F30i).  Attached are screenshots of a typical event, as well as a full night of sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea events preceded by irregular flow rate
Your zoomed shows a number of flow limited breaths. Your flow limit numbers are fine. Your overall numbers are fine.

To help with comfort, and improve those flow limits. Set EPR=1 fulltime
Later, on a separate night set min pressure = 8

After using each change evaluate which feels better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 1 17 38 minutes ago
Last Post: rohit261990
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 786 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 69 Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 399 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,367 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 82 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 304 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.