Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mouth Breather
RE: Mouth Breather
(02-16-2015, 09:29 PM)apneaguy Wrote: ....I'm also looking at the "Mirage Liberty" which has nose pillows and a mask that covers the mouth.... any thoughts on this?

I had always been a mouth breather so I started out with a Liberty. It worked well for me - mostly. After about 4 months into CPAP I realised that I had started breathing through my nose. It wasn't particularly deliberate but I found it sort of just happened. I decided to try to practice it and eventually found it easy.
I moved across to a Pilario and never looked back.

I put my tongue forward to my top gum and find the CPAP pressure seems to hold it in place. Not everybody can do it but it is worth experimenting with...

The downside - if that's what it is - is that I ended up with a near new Liberty in the cupboard. Smile
Disclaimer: The 'Advisory Member' title is a Forum thing that I cannot change. I am not a doctor and my comments are purely my opinion or quote my personal experience. Regardless of my experience other readers mileage may vary.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 376 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,165 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.