Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea's Adventures in Insurance Wonderland
RE: Apnea's Adventures in Insurance Wonderland
on the mycigna website, you can select
  1. "Find a Doctor, Dentist or Facility"
  2. then select the "Hospital, Pharmacy Or Facility" tab.
  3. enter your zip
  4. Search for "Durable Medical Equipment / Supplies / Respiratory Therapy Equipment"

This should tell you what your in-network providers are
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2015, 03:56 PM)DariaVader Wrote: on the mycigna website, you can select
  1. "Find a Doctor, Dentist or Facility"
  2. then select the "Hospital, Pharmacy Or Facility" tab.
  3. enter your zip
  4. Search for "Durable Medical Equipment / Supplies / Respiratory Therapy Equipment"

This should tell you what your in-network providers are

Thank You!

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
April 28, 2015 1100hrs.

Called sleep Docs practice and talked to their respiratory tech to try to find out what they thought about people like me (techies) who wanna be involved in depth with the nuts and bolts of their therapy. I asked because of allergy and sinus issues and large changes in geography would an auto machine be best? He said straight cpap pressure would be set for worst case scenario-sleeping on back for 95%. He explained I would probably not want an auto machine and as long as AHI under five all is good. The auto induced pressure changes upset most people. I could turn over and the machine could surge to a higher pressure. At the end it was "I have been doing this for thirty yrs and my experience is people who want to micromanage their settings end up driving themselves nuts."

I'm thinking this is not someone who would appreciate my in depth involvement. Over the years I had some accounts where they knew what they were doing and were of great help to me and ins others not so much. I see this both ways but ultimately My health is more important to me than him.

Friday I will buy a machine. Next decision is buy a new autopap with 2 yr warranty or a used vpap with 90 days that can do anything statistically I am likely to need and has an algorithm possibly less likely to induce CSAs . Dollar cost about the same.
I am done with cigna/ins route. I was going to pursue just to see what happens but I have enough info at this point. cigna will send me to carecentrix who will send me to crapria and I don't want to go down that rabbit hole... I would buy from sleep Docs pet DME but as noted previously the vibe wasn't good.

My conclusion aligns with several expressed here. If you are technically and financially able to do so save yourself some heartburn and go buy a machine outright and get on the path to better health. Supplier #10 has a blog entry comparing self pay to ins pay that might be useful.

I may not be smart enough to do this myself but with help from y'all I won't be alone.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I had my DME (Symbius Medical) send me a 6 foot hose with some unknown doo-hickey on it. I called them and asked about it, providing them with the model number as well as the fact that the use by date had passed. Once we verified my info, her first question was do you need a new hose tomorrow and if not, how do you want to do this. I told her seeing as we have already billed the insurance company, go ahead and send me a correct hose and don't worry about expediting it. (Didn't tell her I still had a couple of spares). she then told be I could do what I want with the hose, either toss it or use it for some project. Very pleasant conversation, got it taken care of. Next day. FedEx showed up with the new hose. Only thing with this company is they are slow to bill the co-pay I have with my insurance. Smile

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
April 28, 2015 1600.

Saw GP/PCP today and he agrees he has heard absolutely Nothing good about crapria.
He will write me Rx for the machine I decided upon - refurb PR System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Humidifier.

Good:
No compliance requirement. I am highly motivated so is moot.
I am really impressed with GP/PCP knowledge of the subject and I agreed to email him data download at 2 week intervals until we are both happy with my results.
No crapria access to my credit card!
No risk of my finding good set points only to have them undone by remote control.
No asking nanny my I please have????
No wondering what the next odd charge or denial might be.

Not so good:
Cost. But then what is all this medical mafia BS doing to my stress level?
No sleep doc professional support.
I could hurt myself? Possibly. I drive a car and sex is the 100% cause of death but have no plans to stop either one at this time.
Reduced warranty. Just another of life's risks.

Had I followed my instincts emboldened by comments here and just went and purchased a machine 3 weeks ago when I first joined this board I might have been three weeks to the good health-wise by now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just pointing out you can get a zero hour New, Open Box Respironics System One DS760 BIPAP Auto w/ Heated Humidifier with 2-year warranty for $879 from Supplier #2. That's the same price as 1800's refurb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
I'll print it and take w me and see what they say.
As is my first time <snicker> to buy I do want hands on help and so far they have been everything the others have not. Also are 0.8 mile from PCP which might be a good thing. I'l post a review as to how they work out. Surely better than craprica. I literally can find no positive comments about those people! Nothing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, just ask away. It's the same machine I've been using and experimenting with. There are a number of ways to get your initial pressure titration. Page 10 of this document is the Philips Respironics recommended titration protocol that you can do yourself by observing data. It may take a few nights, but it will work: http://www.sleepdx.respironics.com/PDF/T...otocol.pdf

Biflex is the speed at which the IPAP/EPAP pressure changes occur. Biflex of 1 is a fast pressure change and what I prefer, 3 eases the pressure changes so they are not as noticeable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much!
I hope I don't drive you bonkers w questions. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,533 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,872 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 433 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,584 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.