Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apnea sudden jump
Ohmy 
Apnea sudden jump
Last week I have been getting great readings, and Friday night and Saturday it went down to AHI of 2, I was feeling great yesterday and for no reason in the afternoon I started becoming very impatient and In a very bad mood.
I don’t understand what triggered it but when I went to bed my nose was pretty stuffed so I was breathing trough my mouth however when  I was falling asleep I kept getting woken up by my breathing stopping.
When I woke up in the morning I was shocked of having a score of 12.5 AHI, I haven’t had such a score in months.
It’s weird, I went to bed early, nothing heavy in my stomach I was actually just a little bit hungry, and in the same position as every other night.

I do notice the mental and emotional state in which I go to bed plays a huge role in my apnea which makes me wonder if it could be central? or something else since I do have multiple clear airways.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apnea sudden jump
This is a recurring theme with you and is not unusual at all. You are apparently affected by positional apnea, and chronically have large increases in apnea when you sleep on your back. If your profile is accurate, then you have again dropped your pressure back to a level where obstructive events and hypopnea are at a high level, and your machine does not catch up to the events. Your pressure is uncommonly low, and you have been reluctant to raise it. You have not posted data this time, but a review of your past threads shows this is nothing new. Increase your minimum pressure, and stay off your back; or increase your pressure a lot and don't worry about it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sorry, I havent updated my profile.

Med clinic raised my pressure to 8-14

I didnt do anything different last night thats why im puzzled since the exact same physical conditions have been giving me ahi of 2-4
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update on pressure. I think we worked on that earlier and it helped. As disappointing as a setback like this is, it's not by itself a cause for changing tactics. If the problem persists or a trend for higher AHI occurs, then it would be important to take a look at what might be causing it. Hopefully tomorrow you will go back to your normal 2-4 AHI. It's an interesting hypothesis that your emotional state might influence your therapy. I don't know that you've exhausted possible solutions in CPAP that would warrant a different approach. I do think you'd benefit from a faster acting auto machine. It's hard to say whether bilevel would produce improvements or make matters worse with CA. With regard to CPAP, I think some trial and error with the minimum pressure might lend some clarity as to whether your settings are optimized, or need some refinement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What was on your mind that bothered you ? What changed in your day to affect you ?

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2017, 12:28 PM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: What was on your mind that bothered you ? What changed in your day to affect you ?

Not sure, i took your advice and switched position last night brought it back to 3.0,  i must have turned on my back with my neck bent forward that bad night
Post Reply Post Reply
If I sleep on my back it will show up. I use a soft collar to keep my head off my chest.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 366 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 288 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,214 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Sudden raised AHI Papageno 10 648 12-07-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Papageno
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 488 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.