Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ApneaLink Report
ApneaLink Report
I rented ResMed ApneaLink from hospital and here's my report should i be concerned?

Only managed to sleep for first 4 hours then was constantly waking up every 30 minutes.

Attached Files
.pdf   EasyCare_P_2019-11-06.PDF (Size: 41.78 KB / Downloads: 53)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ApneaLink Report
Welcome to the forum.

You don't qualify for CPAP but your RI index is 4. That is typically caused by RERAs which also means you are having Flow Limitations which are, simple definition, obstructive events below the threshold for apnea or Hypopnea.
RERAs end in arousal so you are getting a kick in the ribs every 15 minutes on average

What symptoms are you having and how bad are they?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am often sleepy when i wake up after 8 hour sleep and tired during day sometimes sleepy.

If i sleep longer than 8 hours i sometimes very sleepy, this could be because i

Report mentioned had 5 hypopnea events and i think measurement was not good because i did not sleep long that night then i had to return device/

Could i still benefit from CPAP machine if i say buy it on my own?
Post Reply Post Reply
The reply is yes, but the machine you get is important.  How much help depends on what we find when you start using it.  Logically it is reasonable that your "benefit" would be much less than someone with severe issues.  

On Machine.  The use of Pressure Support or EPR is likely to be important so I'll give you two machines to look for.  

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet for Her.  These machines can provide an EPR/PS of up to 3 cmw.  Most people start with this machine.

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto can provide much higher PS.  (costs more)

Pressure Support is user to treat Hypopnea, Flow Limitation, RERAs, and Snores  

I would look for a used machine on Craigs List or from 'Supplier #2'
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Machine,
In my opinion, there is very little chance that a PAP machine will help you.
You don't have sleep apnea and there is very little in your report that would be concerning.
What does your doctor say?
There are many other things that could be making you sleepy during the day.
This study suggests that people with mild sleep apnea(worse than you) are not anymore sleepy than people without sleep apnea.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4163952/
"Conclusion
Individuals with mild OSA in this cohort do not have worse sleepiness, mood or quality of life in comparison to those without OSA."

A PAP machine is bad sleep hygiene for someone without sleep apnea. There is evidence that the milder your sleep apnea the less chance you will benefit from the machine, and it may end up keeping you awake(such as what happened with the test).
Other things can cause daytime sleepiness. I believe you need to start investigating some of those.
By all means, if you have extra cash laying around, go ahead and purchase a machine. It MAY help. As I said before, I believe it to be a very small chance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 206 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,603 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,357 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,764 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  how to use CPAP data to compute RDI with machine that doesn't report RERAs? TryingToGetItRight 3 675 09-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  User report: Löwenstein Prisma Smart Plus works very well with 1.5.0 clan 1 787 09-24-2023, 01:41 AM
Last Post: clan
  Aeonmed Data download & Report software Laknatha 2 871 07-18-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Laknatha

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.