Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apneas super low but suddenly tired again
Apneas super low but suddenly tired again
[attachment=10370][attachment=10369][attachment=10368][attachment=10367][attachment=10366]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apneas super low but suddenly tired again
[attachment=10376][attachment=10374][attachment=10373]Hi there. Apologies for the first attempt to upload my stats. Im struggling, and im tired. Apneas very low but i feel weak and back is aching again, like when I wasnt on my cpap machine. Help. Is something wrong as I cant see nothing diffrent on my machine, except that my apneas are very low
Post Reply Post Reply
The most helpful presentation of your data is to include, along with the summary data on the left side:
Events
Flow Rate
Pressure
Flow Limitation
Leaks

This is described in the article Organizing your Charts in my signature. Your pressure is currently at a minimum 13.6 to 20.0, with EPR 3 and a ramp period. What I can see of your results look pretty good, but your sleep duration is only about 6-hours. That might not be enough. You probably have a busy life and are rising at 05:00 AM, which means you may need an earlier bedtime than 10:30 to get the hours you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hard to get a better answer than what Sleeprider gave you. I know speaking for myself, 6 hours is definitely not enough sleep. There are many things that can disturb our sleep and sleep apnea is just one of them. But getting enough hours is crucial for all of us.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sleep 3 times a day, two long periods: 10pm - 4/5am, 6/7am - 12pm and one 1-2h in the middle at around 3/4 pm. Only IF i slept all thee times I feel somewhat healthy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for the response. You right, somehow I have the notion to think that the cpap will miraculously give me super powers and 5 hours will be enough. I kinda got away with it as for the past 6 months on cpap I have been feeling great. Just this last week it went downhill. And getting zero Apneas certain days i was expecting I will be flying... but instead I was very low in energy. .my work is extremely stressful . Daily I have fight just to keep it and all the anxiety makes me even more tired. I wish I can find something less stressful with less hours. I wake up most mornings at 04h30, travel an hour in traffic to work and an hour back at night...and most nights finish work at 19h00. I will try to get minimum 7 hours sleep from tonight, meaning at 21h00 I need to go to bed. That's so sad... 2 hours to spend with the family.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really feel bad for you. Sad Sometimes it is worth taking a pay cut or finding a different job to improve your working conditions. It is not worth being so stressed out at work and losing so much sleep and time with your family. It will take a real toll on your health and it sounds like it is starting already. Sometimes change can be hard but it can work out for the better most times. All the best to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2019, 07:29 AM)Zainabpb Wrote: ...  I will try to get minimum 7 hours sleep from tonight, meaning at 21h00 I need to go to bed.  That's so  sad... 2 hours to spend with the family.

Our bodies seem to do things in waves.  There is so much variance from day-to-day that our bodies have to be able to cope with what WE throw at it ourselves in addition to what involuntarily happens as a result of other forces, extraneous ones.  Happily, our bodies are darned good at it.

But that little sleep, Zainab (?), can't go on for long.  Eventually the bill comes due...you have to pay. So, maybe you need to accept a slightly altered balance, or wave of motion, in your daily routine.  Why not make it a point to get as much sleep as you can (and that you need..!!), three days a week?  Pick the best days to do that, and make it work.  The other days, maybe your body won't mind skimping on sleep by an hour or more, and you can enjoy more family time.  If you explain what your aim is (to stick around and be part of their lives for a while), they will understand why, how important it is to you, and that you need their understanding, either expressed and overt, or just overt.  Make them sympathetic allies to your aim to restore your bodily health and natural rhythms!

You don't need drastic changes.  A modest engineered and concerted effort to get three or four more hours of decent sleep each week will turn you around.

I wish you good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2019, 07:29 AM)Zainabpb Wrote: ...  I will try to get minimum 7 hours sleep from tonight, meaning at 21h00 I need to go to bed.  That's so  sad... 2 hours to spend with the family.

Our bodies seem to do things in waves.  There is so much variance from day-to-day that our bodies have to be able to cope with what WE throw at it ourselves in addition to what involuntarily happens as a result of other forces, extraneous ones.  Happily, our bodies are darned good at it.

But that little sleep, Zainab (?), can't go on for long.  Eventually the bill comes due...you have to pay. So, maybe you need to accept a slightly altered balance, or wave of motion, in your daily routine.  Why not make it a point to get as much sleep as you can (and that you need..!!), three days a week.  Pick the best days to do that, and make it work.  The other days, maybe your body won't mind skimping on sleep by an hour or more, and you can enjoy more family time.  If you explain what your aim is (to stick around and be part of their lives for a while), they will understand why, how important it is to you, and that you need their understanding, either expressed and overt, or just overt.  Make them sympathetic allies to your aim to restore your bodily health and natural rhythms!

You don't need drastic changes.  A modest engineered and concerted effort to get three or four more hours of decent sleep each week will turn you around.

I wish you good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting more sleep will also make you a safer driver during your daily commute.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 173 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,786 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 854 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.