Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

App Comparison
App Comparison
I may be coming off my machine Dr's request after sleep test and I want to be sure that this does not lead me back down the road to my days when I felt fatigued. As a consequence of this I have been doing a few tests with some apps a CMS50l pulse oximeter and a withing's pulse tracker. I used a sleep as android on app on a nexus 7 on my bed side table (nightstand) the pulse/oximeter on my left arm. The withing's pulse o2 on my right arm and another copy of sleep as android on a nexus 5 under my pillow again to detect movement. I have attached the results with the graphs from different sources aligned to sleepyhead data for the same night together with the timings from each device. I am quiet pleased with the results from the withing's pulse it seems to have nailed most of what was picked up by the pulse oximeter which in turn seems to be more than my respironics machine decided to report. As an aside on both occasions I have tried this I have had very low AHI wonder if its the EMF even with WI-FI off and in airplane mode. Has anyone else done comparisons with other cheap(ish) equipment that may be of use in monitoring sleep or post CPAP or as an additional aid. Hope this works.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: App Comparison
I just have to say, after looking at your event flags, that I'm envious. Mine looks like a war zone compared to yours.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: App Comparison
I wish my stats were like that all the time too. I would not be bothered about coming off my machine if they were. Unfortunately though I usually reside around 0.6 - 1.6. I would also have liked to reduce my pressure still further to check what happens but my Pilairo Q starts doing press ups on my nose as I breath when I lower it below 5cm and its a big jump from 5 to 0 a lot may happen.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 220 Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
Question [CPAP] Aircurve 10 ASV treatment comparison auto ASV mode and CPAP mode graphs Emtvalenti 0 426 05-20-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  AirSense 10 & 11 filter comparison ejbpesca 0 819 02-21-2023, 05:02 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [split] Airsense 11 Soft and For-Her Mode Comparison TiredOne789 6 1,443 05-18-2022, 10:20 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  Comparison of Rresmed airsense 11 autoset with Resmed airsense 10 auto set; stevekuk 4 3,497 01-10-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Ratchick
  CPAP pressure comparison skypony 7 1,380 11-30-2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Question Comparison of ResMed AirFit P10 & Philips DreamWear Nasal Pillow (not Cushion) Mask? bonum.noctem 17 5,623 01-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: bonum.noctem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.