App Comparison
plasticplumber Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: System One RemStar Auto with A-Flex (561P)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Pilairo / Swift FX
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 4.5 - 12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

App Comparison
I may be coming off my machine Dr's request after sleep test and I want to be sure that this does not lead me back down the road to my days when I felt fatigued. As a consequence of this I have been doing a few tests with some apps a CMS50l pulse oximeter and a withing's pulse tracker. I used a sleep as android on app on a nexus 7 on my bed side table (nightstand) the pulse/oximeter on my left arm. The withing's pulse o2 on my right arm and another copy of sleep as android on a nexus 5 under my pillow again to detect movement. I have attached the results with the graphs from different sources aligned to sleepyhead data for the same night together with the timings from each device. I am quiet pleased with the results from the withing's pulse it seems to have nailed most of what was picked up by the pulse oximeter which in turn seems to be more than my respironics machine decided to report. As an aside on both occasions I have tried this I have had very low AHI wonder if its the EMF even with WI-FI off and in airplane mode. Has anyone else done comparisons with other cheap(ish) equipment that may be of use in monitoring sleep or post CPAP or as an additional aid. Hope this works.
12-26-2014 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Crimson Nape Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: P-10 / F&P Simplus / DreamWear
Humidifier: H5i w/Climateline
CPAP Pressure: 8 - EPR 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CMS-50F & 50IW

RE: App Comparison
I just have to say, after looking at your event flags, that I'm envious. Mine looks like a war zone compared to yours.

Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2014 02:45 PM by Crimson Nape.)
12-26-2014 02:45 PM
plasticplumber Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: System One RemStar Auto with A-Flex (561P)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Pilairo / Swift FX
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 4.5 - 12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

RE: App Comparison
I wish my stats were like that all the time too. I would not be bothered about coming off my machine if they were. Unfortunately though I usually reside around 0.6 - 1.6. I would also have liked to reduce my pressure still further to check what happens but my Pilairo Q starts doing press ups on my nose as I breath when I lower it below 5cm and its a big jump from 5 to 0 a lot may happen.
12-27-2014 07:44 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Comparison of DreamStation Auto vs ResMed AirSense10 Autoset Tinkerbell 11 3,506 08-24-2016 01:02 AM
Last Post: Dan H
  Data comparison SamStamport 8 679 04-02-2016 12:08 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  Cost and hassle comparison. Have you obtained a machine both thru ins And without? Mark Douglas 10 2,518 04-12-2015 11:27 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Pilairo Q vs P10 comparison thread Galactus 18 4,265 10-29-2014 10:32 AM
Last Post: skram
  Trying to locate feature comparison for all ResMed S9 machines jcarerra 31 4,087 10-25-2014 11:18 AM
Last Post: jcarerra
  [Equipment] Machine Comparison Sleepster 11 3,455 04-28-2013 12:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Comparison of Home Sleep Test Machines / Home Sleep Testing Increases SuperSleeper 1 2,934 10-15-2012 09:36 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper