Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Appreciate help adjusting settings (UARS)
RE: Appreciate help adjusting settings (UARS)
No, those CAs were when I was asleep - I only slept a few hours last night, and it was from around 11:30p-1:45a
Post Reply Post Reply
The charts are daying to set your PS=3, maybe lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok will do @bonjour. So I can learn, what from my charts lead you to that conclusion? I think I’m getting IPAP, PS and EPR all confused and don’t understand how they impact my curves. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your obstructive events are well managed, your CA events are not.

That says to get a better "balance" reduce the CA events.  This is by reducing PS and reducing pressure.  These action over time should reduce central events and increase obstructive events.  I doubt that obstructive events will increase immediately.

Thus we start down the road of reducing your CA events.  Set EPR PS=3 then reevaluate.

edit EPR changed to PS
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 08:31 PM)bonjour Wrote: Thus we start down the road of reducing your CA events.  Set EPR PS=3 then reevaluate.

Is the hope that this tames the CAs, and then can slowly raise PS to help with the other issues (FL, aerophagia)?
Post Reply Post Reply
The OP offered no indication of any issues that required addressing at this time.
The OAHI is 0.42 which is beyond excellent the Hypopnea Index is zero and no RERAs are flagged, either currently or in history.
At this time I am not expecting an issue with either FL or obstructive events.

With a non-ASV machine, and since CPAP, APAP, BiLevel machines are not designed to treat centrals and in general, cannot treat central events, the goal is to achieve a balance between obstructive and central events.  This means that in general and to a point, you would allow obstructive events to rise with the balance being a loss in central events.

The future here calls for further evaluation and very likely further changes.

I will add that I love my BiLevel and I want to keep it, so I make sure that I am demonstrating my efficacy at settings only my VAuto can produce.  Since My pressure is significantly down from the 18-20 I was at when I got mt VAuto so I do that with PS being 4 or greater.  I do not lower PS on a bilevel below 4 unless I see a very clear reason to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, all
As I sometimes say as “a new duck, I have been refrain from diving deep in this blog”, yet in this case, I am afraid I will take a little bit of more risk, and maybe disagree a little bit of Master Fred’s ponderations, which always bring learnings. I am aware though that in this CPAP world of uncertainties; it is going to be just an opinion more; apologies if sounds non-pertinent anyway!
I would not have backed off to PS:3.0, and rather maintained PS:4.0, and keep exploring cmcphee’s ideal number on PS. Why?:  
(1) CA’s, as I have been following closely in my 191 day with Oscar, as well so many other examples in this blog, appears to be in the absolute majority of cases just awakeness/quasi-awakeness artefacts (this case too). The user alexp have been pointing here and there very interesting analyses on CA’s meanings (actually, reasons for stopping breathing in general);
(2) that cmcphee’s last posted events would be eventually far from being representative, given the short period of time involved and light sleep. It appeared quite similar to some stretches of his full night sept 13th, which appeared did not scare anybody;
(3) taking my case as an example (I am aware that everybody may be different, but not so much, randomly !), I would like to share how I intuitively, and semi-quantitatively, got my ideal PS of 5.6, while cross-plotting PS x CA’s (recounted values outside awakeness spots) x RR (it is divided by two the picture attached): it appears clear that CA’s do increase with PS, yet living a broad range of possibilities to work with (4.0 to 6.5 in my case); it also clear that RR, anomalously increases with lowering PS, so that once you know your adequate RR (in my case 14 to 15; lab studies, etc) you can use it, among other correlations, to fine tuning your PS.
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I am missing what RR is?
Post Reply Post Reply
Respiration Rate ???
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry.... RR respiratory rate , yes
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 2 78 Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 19 667 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: ewriter
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 114 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 149 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,188 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,555 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,324 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.