Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nose Itches
Nose Itches
Does anybody have tips when your nose itches? It seems uncomfortable to not itch but also uncomfortable to move the mask to itch.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nose Itches
It might sounds silly, but try pre-scratching your nose before putting your the mask on. For me is seems to help reduce nose itching when I first but on my FFM at bedtime. Usually I fall asleep before another itch shows up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I gave up and lift the mask a little, enough so I can slip my finger in and scratch, then off to sleep as fast as I can. I have also started wiping my nose with baby wipes before putting on the mask.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi macheta,
You could try trimming the hair in your nose and see if that helps you.
I know it's a hassle scratching after you have masked up for the evening.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a plastic knife I used long ago for camping. It really can't cut much of anything and these days it sits just in front of the machine handy for use. The plastic blade slips under the mask nicely and doesn't puncture anything.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2016, 04:55 PM)Maskup Sleepwell Wrote: It might sounds silly, but try pre-scratching your nose before putting your the mask on. For me is seems to help reduce nose itching when I first but on my FFM at bedtime. Usually I fall asleep before another itch shows up.

I like this suggestion! I'll have to try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sort of along the line of Frank's idea of wiping your nose with baby wipes, I have been wiping my nose with a little alcohol-based hand sanitizer, which does stop the problem (at least long enough for sleep to creep up).

David
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,815 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 202 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 173 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 649 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 466 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.