Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria Advice
Apria Advice
The dreaded moment is upon me - our Company was purchased last year, and as of Jan 1 2016, I'll have Apria as a DME with BCBS as insurer. Gonna be quite a hit to my diabetes testing supplies, but that is a topic for a different forum!

For those of you who have been down this road, any advice and counsel would be appreciated. If you don't want to go public, PM is fine.

Right now, I'm looking at 20% copay vs. my current 0% on CPAP and related items, and doing math....

Thanks,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apria Advice
Do not give them your credit card info. Let them bill you and then pay that. I hit my out of pocket back in May and they charge my card every month even though my insurance covers 100% of my charges. I finally got them to delete my card and for some reason they dont understand what my insurance pays 100% means.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, you probably know the ropes well enough it shouldn't be a big problem. Apria has a CPAP call center that handles everything related to supplies and machines. Order what you want, when you want it to minimize copays, or allow automatic deliveries of what you want. Like any supplier, they can only charge the allowed amount on supplies, so it works out pretty close to what you'd expect.

BCBS has more than one in-network DME, so once you have your card, call and ask, or go online and look for the in-network DME list. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. The people that have problems are those that don't know what to look for or what to expect. You'll be fine, other than some possible inconvenience and frustration. Know your policy limits and allowances.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do a forum search for "crapia". I'm sorry you have this.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rum-Search
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually as long as you do not need technical advice from their RTs and don't give them your credit card number to keep on file, Crapria is not too bad. They seem to know how to work the insurance companies quite well and they will get the most they can for you as long as you let them. Their avarice was what got a new machine for me a little before I was eligible for one and they keep plenty of supplies coming in. My experience with them has been with Aetna HMO as my insurer and I had no copays for any of it. This will be changing soon as I am no longer with Aetna. We will see how it goes.

If you can work around them Apria can be OK.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
NEVER give Crapria your credit card!

Two weeks ago I ordered a SleepWeaver Elan Mask.
When I called to check the status They said your Mirage mask is ready to ship.
I said I don't want a Mirage, please do not ship it.
I ordered an Elan.
That is a special order, we don't have a prescription for that mask.
I called my doctor and had them send it again.
Two days later I checked with Crapria, still no prescription.
Called the doc and had them send it again.
Finally Crapria has the prescription but has no idea where to send the mask or when they will have it in stock.

They are great, but only on the third Tuesday of each week.

Did I mention Do NOT give them your credit card.
Post Reply Post Reply
You just reminded me. I did get shipped the wrong mask for one of my replacements. It was a mask that I had never used or tried. Needless to say, I returned it and got the correct one. I guess they must all look the same!! Oh-jeez Big Grin

Must have not been the third Tuesday of that week.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe there is a billing code for a nasal mask. If the billing code matches, it must be the right mask. No need to be concerned about weather the patient can actually tollerate a particular mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lots of dire warnings about leaving your CC# with them here. When I set up the account they all but implied it was mandatory to continue. Wonder if I should try having it pulled now that I have the machine...
Post Reply Post Reply
I would say go ahead and pull it. Tell them you closed the account and don't have another card.

I won't let one of my lobs have my credit card as they billed me before my secondary paid the remainder. And, it was will within the window the lab established for secondary payees. Took me a year to get it straight.

So, when I go in, I just tell them I forgot my card.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,837 11 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 305 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 809 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.