Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria - Can you just show up at their office?
Apria - Can you just show up at their office?
Went to the local Apria office yesterday and picked up my CPAP.  It was missing the SD card and heated tubing.   Also, I didn't get my Oxygen concentrator.  They were going to ship it to me.   I called the Apria call center (tried the local number, but it took me to the call center). 

The Apria call center people said they would send me an email about shipping items.  I never got anything.

It doesn't seem like there is any way for me to contact the local Apria office to see about getting these missing items.  I'm sure that's on purpose.

Anyone tried showing up at the Apria office?   Does that accomplish anything?  They seemed nice when I picked up my equipment, but not sure what would happen if I showed up and asked them for the missing items.  I do know that my mask came from some warehouse in the back.

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apria - Can you just show up at their office?
It's always easier to ignore someone on the phone rather than face to face. Pay them a visit.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
btw..they were pretty nice at the local office, for anyone in the future who does this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I visited my local office last Monday after having my new ASV and mask over the weekend. I did email the 2 RT's first, stating the mask was likely the wrong size and that I needed to address it. I went down to the office at 1 PM as I mentioned to them in that email. The same RT that did "training" for the ASV was at the front counter when I arrived, and she just wrote my info on a yellow sticky note and said the new cushion in small would be overnight shipped to the house. It did show as she said.

I seem to get better results by the combo of email and going to the local office rather than calling any phone number. Both your and my results may vary in the future, as this was my first issue that needed addressed after getting the blower.

Side note: someone from Apria shipped me 2 more AirFit F20 medium cushions and I had to call to start a return. The CS agent took down my request to get 2 small AirTouch cushions sent in exchange. So far though the box to be returned hasn't been picked up by UPS.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can always play ignerint. "Can you help me? I picked this up here a few days ago and I don't know what else to do. Can you help me understand how this heated hose works? What? This sin't a heated hose? How do I get that?" They get paid to sell you stuff. They might cooperate. But Apria isn't known for their stellar customer service. Still give it a try I would.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
That certainly is one way to go about getting it done. I approach each interaction and deal with it being a unique conversation. Some I'm direct and stern, other times I'm more questioning and indirect. I do so based on my prior customer service tech support job in handling merchants and reading what would best work.
BTW I don't have to play dumb, it comes naturally.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only problem with paying them a visit is you might try physically placing the hose where you were going to tell them they could put it if you were just on the phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's a possible problem. As always, results and solutions vary. Note your attorney contact number before approaching DME sites.

Sponsored by Dewey, Cheatum, & Howe.

Dave B.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Do my sleep lab results show that I have uars? michelbeaini 1 234 02-13-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 523 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Apria Healthcare 2PAPs 10 2,283 09-19-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Constant air leak sound but leak doesn't show up in software shanky 2 856 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: shanky
  Nurse at doctor's office is saying to not use Dawn soap to clean CPAP vroomvroom 73 26,790 09-23-2022, 12:23 AM
Last Post: OldYamaha
  Can Oscar show if someone is mouth breathing with nasal pillows sndraco 2 937 07-29-2022, 10:31 PM
Last Post: sndraco

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.