Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
RE: Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
(06-10-2015, 01:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: When buying the Autoset through Apria you probably were also billed separately for a hose, fine filter and prefilter. All considered fair game by the DMEs under their billing structure, in spite of the fact those starting items are included by the manufacturer. And how about the carry case?
My S9 VPAP Auto was billed for the hose (heated), disposable filter, non-disposable filter, and of course the mask. They didn't bill for the case and of course the non-heated hose wasn't included. No bill for the SDcard which was included.

Note that there is no such thing as a non-disposable filter for Resmed machines. Philips/Respironics has one on I think all their machines.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply

Quote:Yes, not all of my sleep issues are from Apnea's. I have a severe twitching problem that causes me to nearly jump out of bed when they happen, but my sleep doctor seems to only want to treat apnea.

You need to advocate for yourself. Call the office back. Tell them that if the doctor isn't going to treat you for the twitching issue, you want to know, from him, what type of doctor to see about the twitching. Chances are it is a neurologist.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME charges my insurance for the humidifier too. My cut is still cheaper than if I just bought one so why should I care. I don't. If the insurance company wants to pay it, PT Barnum has a saying about them...
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 05:43 PM)AlanE Wrote: My DME charges my insurance for the humidifier too. My cut is still cheaper than if I just bought one so why should I care. I don't. If the insurance company wants to pay it, PT Barnum has a saying about them...

Insurance company doesn't pay for anything. TANSTAAFL !

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
apap with integrated humidifier costs the same amount as the previous model when you add the unit and the separate humidifier. there is no code yet for an integrated unit. it is actually reasonable to use both codes for the full price of the integrated unit. the problem is with insurers who think that an xpap without a humidifier is an acceptable treatment. no insurance = no problem. get the unit you want and can afford online. the only problem here is insurers, and of course, DMEs who together would prefer to charge/pay rental worth 3x the price of the unit and still stick the insured with a charge big enough to outright buy.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 07:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: Insurance company doesn't pay for anything. TANSTAAFL !

Philosphically and logically this is, I think, very bad reasoning. The premium payers as a group are the real payer, the insurance company being the intermediary (and charging a fee for being so), but the insurance company gets to decide what and what not the premiums will be used to buy.

If I were to say that you don't actually exist because all the atoms in your body are completely separate from all the other atoms in your body I would be making much the same logical error. Your body exists, even though not one of your atoms is the same as the atoms that you were made of at your birth, and so do insurance companies, and it is perfectly reasonable to consider the company as the immediate payer.

/[pedant mode]Huh

Insurance is not a free lunch, and I didn't see anyone claiming that it was.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
No company (or gvt) pays for anything. All it's moneys come ultimately from people paying for it's products.
This disconnect between what health care costs and the user thereof is why it costs so much.
If one has an employer "paid" health ins plan (root cause BTW is gvt meddling in a previously free market) that costs $14,000 that is part of a wage and "benefit" package ultimately paid by the employees labor.
TANSTAAFL!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 09:25 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: No company (or gvt) pays for anything. All it's moneys come ultimately from people paying for it's products.

As a matter of observable fact all currency actually comes from the Government, which has the sole authority to print or mint it. Money, which is not the same as currency, is produced at virtually zero cost by governments and, in most modern sovereign countries, by banks when they loan money. People who print banknotes or strike coins without government approval are known as "counterfeiters" and are at risk of losing their freedom.

Most wealth, as opposed to money (which is not wealth) comes from the labour of people interacting with each other and with the physical world.

Quote:If one has an employer "paid" health ins plan (root cause BTW is gvt meddling in a previously free market) that costs $14,000 that is part of a wage and "benefit" package ultimately paid by the employees labor.

You don't seem understand the law of large numbers, which is the basis of all insurance. It is, however, a mathematical truth whether you understand it or not and it's implications are not what you seem to think things are.

Quote:TANSTAAFL!

I'd be surprised if you knew where that acronym came from.

I think we're getting sidetracked and if you want to continue you should take it to another forum.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 11:51 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 09:25 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: No company (or gvt) pays for anything. All it's moneys come ultimately from people paying for it's products.

As a matter of observable fact all currency actually comes from the Government, which has the sole authority to print or mint it. Money, which is not the same as currency, is produced at virtually zero cost by governments and, in most modern sovereign countries, by banks when they loan money. People who print banknotes or strike coins without government approval are known as "counterfeiters" and are at risk of losing their freedom.

Most wealth, as opposed to money (which is not wealth) comes from the labour of people interacting with each other and with the physical world.

Quote:If one has an employer "paid" health ins plan (root cause BTW is gvt meddling in a previously free market) that costs $14,000 that is part of a wage and "benefit" package ultimately paid by the employees labor.

You don't seem understand the law of large numbers, which is the basis of all insurance. It is, however, a mathematical truth whether you understand it or not and it's implications are not what you seem to think things are.

Quote:TANSTAAFL!

I'd be surprised if you knew where that acronym came from.

I think we're getting sidetracked and if you want to continue you should take it to another forum.

I would love to respond as you have attacked me personally however I think it best your comments stand for themselves. Were I to respond it would be with a Russian term.
Have a day.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 12:01 PM)drtoy Wrote: I started CPAP treatment in Sept and it's been working great. Using the new Resmed Airsense 10 and getting AHI's under 1. I'm feeling great. That is, until I received the bills for the accessories (tubing, mask, etc). The prices are highly inflated which I was expecting, but I was not expecting a separate charge for a CPAP Humidifier for $260 because the humidifier is built into the A10. I just spoke to customer service and we went around in circles about billing codes. Anyone else have this experience trying to go through insurance for you A10? Trying to figure out if it's a fight worth fighting. I'm on a high deductible Cigna plan so this is going to all come out of pocket.

I was also charged and this practice is very common with dme's. They do it because they can and there are no laws saying that they can't. I reported my dme to the attorney general's office and we will see if anything is done about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 28 509 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 171 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 772 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 529 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.