Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
RE: Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
Putting on my Admin hat here: Just a friendly reminder to keep on topic and try to refrain from posting comments that could be viewed as a personal swipe at other members...

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The way I see it, I bought a Respironics DS6T Humidifier with Heated Hose and a ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask (with all three cushions) for somewhere around $66 ($80 initial payment minus $13.55 first months rent on the DS560P). I don't care how they billed it because I can't even get the mask for $66 OOP.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the premise there was; yes you pay a small fee out of pocket but you also pay a monthly premium, every month. So in a way, insurance won't put out any money that they don't get back in spades on monthly premiums. Not just from you but all the subscribers. They, insurance companies, love people that pay every month but never get sick. With my monthly premium being so low (benny from where I work) and despite the fact that I pay 20% coinsurance on top of that I'm still getting a good deal on supplies verses paying full price for it. Others may not be so fortunate.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no free ride. Every dollar spent by insurance for your health costs, came out of wages, income and savings of you or someone else. The healthy pay for the sick. In the U.S. we have social medicine with profits for insurance companies, pharmaceuticals and DME, rather than government. It's the cost of so-called free choice, except our treatment is now decided more by corporations than government.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the wonderful world of Insurance Companies!

A week ago, I would have told you that my CIGNA plan pays 100% And that I have a local DME.

Now CIGNA is being bought by Anthem, and I will also likely have Apria.

Not a happy camper. But not much I can do, either, other than talk to my employer, which I have done.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 02:54 PM)bwexler Wrote: Did Crapria forget to charge you for the power brick and cord separately?
In my case it was actually to my advantage to be charged separately since insurance paid 100% on everything under $499.
Your situation in different and you might look into returning everything to Crapria and replacing it at more reasonable prices somewhere else.
I am anxiously awaiting a confirmation letter from Crapria indicating they have converted my perpetual rental to rent to own,with the last payment already paid by the insurance company.
I may still use them for masks as loans my new copays are less than online prices.

I'm getting shirts made that say "APRIA IF IT CAN GO WRONG" IT WILL GO WRONG" My wife and I both had problems with them.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
That's why they're called crApria and Lincareless.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lincare told me the same thing. They said that if I didn't pay the extra for the humidifier on the A10 that they would "lock out" the humidifier. How do they even do that? It's integrated into the system. I told them that I would pay cash and that's what I did. But they didn't get it. I went online and bought it. I saved about $1,000 paying cash for sleep study and equipment. The sad part was that I waited 10 years before I was diagnosed because I didn't think I could afford it without insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should have called their bluff.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 12:01 PM)drtoy Wrote: . I'm on a high deductible Cigna plan so this is going to all come out of pocket.

I'm also on a high deductible Cigna plan. Earlier this week I spoke with Cigna customer service and the rep was actually helpful !! She cut me off from crapria and gave me a list of other vendors in the area that can do the billing through Cigna. My pulmonary function test should eat up the rest of the high deductible, so it is worth having someone that can work with cigna once I finally get to a point where insurance will pay for something. Call a local sleep lab and see if they can suggest someone local. I've found in my SHORT time on CPAP, that the local places seem to care more about you than the nationwide chains like crapria. Good luck !
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,353 7 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 101 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Question Medistrom Pilot 24 Plus and Co-Pilot 24: Any owners having charging issues? DaveY 11 5,478 04-13-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 353 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 254 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 218 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 903 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.