Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
Angry 
RE: Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
Hi everyone. I also have Crapria and where I live I don't have much of a choice because of the competetive bidding thing. After getting my new machine from Crapria I was told by them that all I needed do was call every three months and they would send me all the supplies I needed. HELL NO! The first call I was told I didn't give them all the paperwork they needed, plus I kept getting registered letters from them saying I needed to fill out some forms and send back to them. Then they wanted my compliance data. By the way, I have Medicare as my primary insurance and Tricare for Live as my secondary. I kept sending in the forms and when I got the machine they also gave me a modem to attach to the machine saying they could download my data and would tell me when they no longer needed to download the data. They kept asking for compliance data so finally I sent them by signed receipt the SD card. Next I called more than once and they kept telling me they never got the SD card. Now it has been 6 months since I got my machine and no supplies. I even went so far as writing a letter to Crapria headquarters complaining of their Crappy service. Got a call from a supposedly supervisor and was told he had cleared up the problem and I would have no more problems. Guess what? Mext call for supplies it was the same old story. FINALLY, I tired of their crap and called Medicare and Medicare did a three way over the phone. When asked if they had my SD card they at first said no, then I advised that Medicare was also on the line. They checked their computer records and lo and behold, they did have the SD card but only after I informed their representative and Medicare that as I spoke I was holding a signed receipt where they signed for the SD card. Well, now with Medicare on the line suddenly everything was A-OK and they had everything they needed to start sending me supplies. In about two days I got a package with all the supplies I needed.------But it didn't stop there, the next three months when I called I was told there was still a problem. I demanded to speak with a supervisor. I went through the whole bull sh-- story with her. She filled out a supplies request while I was on the phone and I got the supplies in two days. Tomorrow it will be time for me to order again. I can't wait to find out what problems I will encounter with Crapria when I try to place this order. DielaughingDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 12:01 PM)drtoy Wrote: I started CPAP treatment in Sept and it's been working great. Using the new Resmed Airsense 10 and getting AHI's under 1. I'm feeling great. That is, until I received the bills for the accessories (tubing, mask, etc). The prices are highly inflated which I was expecting, but I was not expecting a separate charge for a CPAP Humidifier for $260 because the humidifier is built into the A10. I just spoke to customer service and we went around in circles about billing codes. Anyone else have this experience trying to go through insurance for you A10? Trying to figure out if it's a fight worth fighting. I'm on a high deductible Cigna plan so this is going to all come out of pocket.

Yes, I have filed complaints with the BBB and the Attorney Generals office due to the fact that DME's are charging me for a humidifier that is part of the machine. I have recieved responses from them stating that back in 2008 the first CPAP machine with integrated humidifier was released and there is no medical billing code for the machine with integrated humidifier so the manufacturer and medicare said it was ok for them to bill separately for them. Well we are in 2015 now and it is not our fault that the billing codes are not up to date with technology. I have a real problem with it because there were no notices posted and the charges were never explained to me they just expect you to pay it. I have copies of their responses in case anyone is interested. I understand it but it doesn't make it right. They need to have a new billing code for these machines. The sad part is after getting the first month bill I realized that it would be cheaper for me to buy one on the internet and take insurance out of the loop. My insurance covers 80% but my monthly bill was nearly $100 so I could pay this for 12 months or I could buy one for $883.00 online. The choice was obvious to me. The DME's are crooks that take advantage of peoples poor health. I realize that not all of them are bad but most are and this is a good example of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well folks, as I stated in my last post, on Monday morning I called Crapria to order my supplies for this three month cycle. I could not have received better service. They went over what I was allowed to get, asked me a couple of questions and said my supplies would be out in a day or two. I received the supplies on Tuesday afternoon, delivered to my door.

I think they have a big sign over their computers that says if I call for supplies to give me what I want, no questions asked as I raised so much of a stink and brought Medicare in on the phone conversations. I certainly hope so as I am tired of having to fight to get what I need with these people.

Everyone have a great day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 12:01 PM)drtoy Wrote: I started CPAP treatment in Sept and it's been working great. Using the new Resmed Airsense 10 and getting AHI's under 1. I'm feeling great. That is, until I received the bills for the accessories (tubing, mask, etc). The prices are highly inflated which I was expecting, but I was not expecting a separate charge for a CPAP Humidifier for $260 because the humidifier is built into the A10. I just spoke to customer service and we went around in circles about billing codes. Anyone else have this experience trying to go through insurance for you A10? Trying to figure out if it's a fight worth fighting. I'm on a high deductible Cigna plan so this is going to all come out of pocket.
Update, I was in a fight with my DME over this issue. My problem with it is the DME purchases this ResMed unit for one price from the manufacturer. Unless the humidifier is a separate entity they don't pay extra for it, so why should we get charged for something that they don't get charged for. I filed complaints with the BBB and the Attorney generals office. I have recieved notice that the DME has dropped the charge from my bill for the humidifier. I would push it with them as this is an unjust charge. It is just one more way they can make money and get away with it. Don't let them bully you into paying it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2015, 01:10 PM)Adoniscmj Wrote: Update, I was in a fight with my DME over this issue. My problem with it is the DME purchases this ResMed unit for one price from the manufacturer. Unless the humidifier is a separate entity they don't pay extra for it, so why should we get charged for something that they don't get charged for. I filed complaints with the BBB and the Attorney generals office. I have recieved notice that the DME has dropped the charge from my bill for the humidifier. I would push it with them as this is an unjust charge. It is just one more way they can make money and get away with it. Don't let them bully you into paying it.

Problem is, they do pay extra for it. When my Resmed S9 was new, the price for the Unit plus the humidifier was pretty much equal to the combined A10 unit. If you had bought just the blower it was significantly less.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 498 7 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 170 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 529 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.