Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
I started CPAP treatment in Sept and it's been working great. Using the new Resmed Airsense 10 and getting AHI's under 1. I'm feeling great. That is, until I received the bills for the accessories (tubing, mask, etc). The prices are highly inflated which I was expecting, but I was not expecting a separate charge for a CPAP Humidifier for $260 because the humidifier is built into the A10. I just spoke to customer service and we went around in circles about billing codes. Anyone else have this experience trying to go through insurance for you A10? Trying to figure out if it's a fight worth fighting. I'm on a high deductible Cigna plan so this is going to all come out of pocket.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apria - Charging me separate for CPAP Humidifier on the Resmed A10
(11-19-2014, 12:01 PM)drtoy Wrote: I started CPAP treatment in Sept and it's been working great. Using the new Resmed Airsense 10 and getting AHI's under 1. I'm feeling great. That is, until I received the bills for the accessories (tubing, mask, etc). The prices are highly inflated which I was expecting, but I was not expecting a separate charge for a CPAP Humidifier for $260 because the humidifier is built into the A10. I just spoke to customer service and we went around in circles about billing codes. Anyone else have this experience trying to go through insurance for you A10? Trying to figure out if it's a fight worth fighting. I'm on a high deductible Cigna plan so this is going to all come out of pocket.

When it is all coming from your own pocket, I would not deal with Apria. I would go to one of the online companies listed on this board. In fact, I have when I did not feel like dealing with Apria. I just ordered some filters from Apria's automated phone system and ended up with a mask even though the packing list said filters. It was not even the mask that I use. Sadly it was a mask that I had tried and could not get to work for me.

Just my thoughts.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The company I use, (Med Nec), won't sell the A-10 because then they can't charge for the humidifier... I ended up with the S9/h5i for this reason. They also bill separately for the headgear that is included with my masks lol... I'm going to see about changing companies next time I visit my sleep doctor!
Post Reply Post Reply
Did Crapria forget to charge you for the power brick and cord separately?
In my case it was actually to my advantage to be charged separately since insurance paid 100% on everything under $499.
Your situation in different and you might look into returning everything to Crapria and replacing it at more reasonable prices somewhere else.
I am anxiously awaiting a confirmation letter from Crapria indicating they have converted my perpetual rental to rent to own,with the last payment already paid by the insurance company.
I may still use them for masks as loans my new copays are less than online prices.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 12:01 PM)drtoy Wrote: I just spoke to customer service and we went around in circles about billing codes.
Welcome to the board, drtoy
There is no separate code for the humidifier, the humidifier is built-ins

A10 CPAP #37203 (basic fixed pressure) 4th in the series, best avoid
A10 Elie 37205 (top fixed pressure) 3rd best choice
A10 AutoSet 37207 (fixed and auto) 2nd best choice
A10 AutoSet for Her 37209 (fixed and 2 auto modes) 1st best choice
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi drtoy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are adjusting well to your CPAP therapy.
I'm sorry you are getting the runaround with Apria, unfortunately, that is not uncommon. Hopefully you can get this straightened out.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a F&P Ion which has a built in humidifier and the DME charged me separtely. I figured that was just part of the racket. They did give me an auto machine when it was not specifically ordered so I did not complain. Besides my copayment was pretty low for it.

I would use that extra charge as an excuse to return it and get one from an online DME. Of course that would be after you get a delivery of a new one.:Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for all the great input. My plan is to return this unit to Crapia. For all the outlandish charges, you would think they would add value in some way, but it has been nothing but frustrating dealing with them. I was on hold for over an hour yesterday trying to get through to discuss again and it finally picked up and hung up on me. Are you kidding?

And like Shamus54, Crapia charged me extra for the headgear that comes with the FFM as well. I am actually shocked there wasn't a separate charge for the power cord and block. LOL

This will also give me an opportunity to purchase the model that I wanted, the A10 "For Her". Crapia said they didn't carry that version of the device.

Thanks to all on this board. It has been such a wealth of information and has helped me so much in the short amount of time that I have been using the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no fan of theirs, having had my share of issues with them. I'd just like to say though that if you are dealing with them on the telephone it is a waste of valuable time. Get the number for the local people that sit in the local office, they have been far far more helpful, and they really want your business and value you as a customer. I have found they can be much more help in getting done what needs doing in 5 minutes than 5 hours on the 800 number.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lincare just did the same thing to me. I don't see how they can charge you for a humidifier for the A10 when it doesn't exist outside of the actual machine! You can't get on an online DME and search for A10 humidifier because it doesn't exist. I think its criminal. I put in a complaint to the Ohio Attorney General about this. They are doing an investigation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,467 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 113 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Question Medistrom Pilot 24 Plus and Co-Pilot 24: Any owners having charging issues? DaveY 11 5,490 04-13-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 377 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 268 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 221 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 914 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.