Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria Health shipping time?
Apria Health shipping time?
Good afternoon, 

I was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea (AHI 26) on Monday of last week.  I was seeing my Kaiser PCP for an unrelated condition and he just happened to ask if I snored. That conversation turned into a me doing a sleep study.  I thought it was going to come back negative.  Surprise surprise.  I have terrible allergies and always wake up in what I've assumed was an "allergy fog." I'm always very groggy and it just takes me time to get going.  Now that I've learned about sleep apnea I am thinking maybe it wasn't allergies so much as the result of not breathing well at night.

in Georgia Kaiser contacts with Apria Health for DME. My plan covers 100% so I have no out of pocket cost.  However, due to COVID, Apria isn't doing in person delivery or curb side pickup.  They're supposed to ship a ResMed Airsense 10 autoset out to me. 

I was just wondering if any of you have experience with Apria.  How long do they usually take to ship?  I called today to try and get an idea and the customer service didn't really seem to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apria Health shipping time?
Welcome to Apnea Board.

I have had Apria as my DME for about 4 years. The supplies are sent from a warehouse that is about an hour's drive away from my house. Once the shipment is initiated, these products arrive to the house in about 3 business days, in a normal situation. I've not gotten any supplies for about a year, as I'm in the status of fight against doctors to get a replacement machine for a new therapy direction. Just saying this as I've not gotten any shipment from Apria during any of this lockdown.

Apria customer service on a corporate level is OK in the best of times, but it's probably worse now. I had better results with building a positive relationship with the staff on a local level, and have them push the right, secret buttons to make corporate do a good job.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2020, 05:57 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome to Apnea Board.

I have had Apria as my DME for about 4 years. The supplies are sent from a warehouse that is about an hour's drive away from my house. Once the shipment is initiated, these products arrive to the house in about 3 business days, in a normal situation. I've not gotten any supplies for about a year, as I'm in the status of fight against doctors to get a replacement machine for a new therapy direction. Just saying this as I've not gotten any shipment from Apria during any of this lockdown.

Apria customer service on a corporate level is OK in the best of times, but it's probably worse now. I had better results with building a positive relationship with the staff on a local level, and have them push the right, secret buttons to make corporate do a good job.

Do they usually send you a tracking number?  I called today and they said they shipped out on the 29th of October but the warehouse didn't record a tracking number.   I've only been able to reach the corporate staff.  I'm not sure which local office or warehouse they shipped from.
Post Reply Post Reply
I initially had a great relationship with my local Apria rep and things went great. Then I lost that contact for some odd reason and now, frankly, have had major issues with Apria delivering supplies even after I paid for them. I'm also with Kaiser in the Bay Area. You need to know that your Kaiser rep has to approve supplies with Apria and so there'[s an extra step for things to go awry. That said, the cost of supplies with Apria through Kaiser is just terrific!! so it's worth trying to solve any issues that mignt arise. Sadly, I've found Apria's customer service to be....(apparently I can get in trouble for sharing my experience. I'll let you infer the final horrible word.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2020, 04:01 PM)hegel Wrote: I initially had a great relationship with my local Apria rep and things went great. Then I lost that contact for some odd reason and now, frankly, have had major issues with Apria delivering supplies even after I paid for them. I'm also with Kaiser in the Bay Area. You need to know that your Kaiser rep has to approve supplies with Apria and so there'[s an extra step for things to go awry. That said, the cost of supplies with Apria through Kaiser is just terrific!! so it's worth trying to solve any issues that mignt arise. Sadly, I've found Apria's customer service to be....(apparently I can get in trouble for sharing my experience. I'll let you infer the final horrible word.)

I'm not impressed so far.  Initially, they told me I could do curbside pickup locally.  Then they said curbside wasn't available but they would ship and I'd get it next day once they set it up. Today when I called they said it shipped the 29th but they don't have any tracking info.   I assume it will eventually arrive.  It's just, now that I have a diagnosis that explains symptoms I've had for years, I'm anxious to see if the CPAP really will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
No there won't be tracking data. It seems each of us experience OK to bad even on the local level.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME supplier is Rotech. They have been outstanding so far. They ship out of FL., and their main office is in Kentucky I believe. 

Anyways, I can go on-line to a live chat room and ask any and all questions I may have. They let me know in advance that I'm due supplies and verify what I need and what they will ship. And, they always provide a tracking #.

I don't deal with any local DME supplier. I did once when I was issued a CPAP machine, and that was back in Sept. of 2018. 

I've heard plenty of stories about DME's and poor customer service. Myself, I've yet to experience that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2020, 05:11 PM)Big Guy Wrote: My DME supplier is Rotech. They have been outstanding so far. They ship out of FL., and their main office is in Kentucky I believe. 

Anyways, I can go on-line to a live chat room and ask any and all questions I may have. They let me know in advance that I'm due supplies and verify what I need and what they will ship. And, they always provide a tracking #.

I don't deal with any local DME supplier. I did once when I was issued a CPAP machine, and that was back in Sept. of 2018. 

I've heard plenty of stories about DME's and poor customer service. Myself, I've yet to experience that.

Thanks Big Guy, 

Sine I'm with Kaiser for my insurance I don't get a choice.   I'm glad you're having a great experience with your DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
My CPAP finally arrived at 8pm. I have the dreamware full face mask. It seems to fit but I have to tighten it more than I thought to get a good seal.

The machine has the standard settings 4-20 EPR 2. Should I leave it that way for a nignt and see how it goes?

I’m still waiting for a copy of my sleep study. I hope to have it Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
With EPR 2, you won't get its benefit until pressure reaches at least 6. Given that, maybe you want to bump pressure Min. from 4 to 6. See how it goes then. Try to do a minimal or no Ramp. It typically negates therapy the duration of Ramp time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 217 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,456 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 93 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 628 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 246 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 814 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.