Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria Healthcare
Apria Healthcare
My experience concludes the ONLY way to pay Apria is to be billed online and pay with a credit card online.  It is the only way you will have immediate proof they were paid, as you will quickly get a printed confirmation.  Do not pay with any method where the payment will "get lost" in their system.  No check.  No voice payment with credit card to their representatives.  If you pay by check, they will take forever and a day (maybe 3 or 4 months) to refund. Their system does not recognize partial or overpayments.  It is just looking for the exact amount.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apria Healthcare
Update: I paid my monthly bill as described. I waited for my online bill and paid online with a credit card. Immediately, I got confirmation. But it wasn't posted to my credit card account. I am not going to repay it. If I do, miraculously the missing payment will be found and both will be posted. Then I will have overpaid. They are a beast at getting refunds. I will just wait until they post what I paid. Remember, I have a printed confirmation of payment, something you only get when you physically pay online!
Post Reply Post Reply
Apria is hell.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
I had an insurance company tell me NOT to pay Apria’s bill. The games their accounting department played with me and my insurance company were unprofessional and inexcusable.
Post Reply Post Reply
My initial experience with Apria was terrible. And then it got better: much better. Part of that is because a shipping center is near me and I get deliveries on the next day. Part of it was learning the system--and the right number to call when I place my orders. And paying by cc at that time. Everything has been excellent for over a year. So: right number for orders, make sure it's all correct, pay, done. Easy peasy.

But yeah, if things go wrong...it's very frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
I reported Apria to the attorney general. And I still didn’t get any satisfaction. But I felt better. I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used Apria for about 3 years. Since my insurance paid 100% I didn't need to deal with this. The local to me office was ok, but they won't carry the ResMed Astral which is my next blower so I switched.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Again, if you must deal with Apria (as I must, as it is my only authorized DME), DO NOT PAY APRIA in any manner that can be "lost." PAY ONLY BY ONLINE BILLING and with a CREDIT CARD because you will immediately get a confirmation. You pay in any other manner (directly to a customer rep on phone or by mail --check or credit card) it can be lost in their their system.

Twice, the credit card payment to a customer rep got lost in their system. So each time I paid the bill twice. They wanted to take up to 90 days to refund me. I called my credit card issuer, as soon as I mentioned "Apria Healthcare," I had to say no more. Just how much is involved. Seriously.

Their system is conducive for seniors and elderly to overpay their bills. As I said, right now I have a payment for which I have the confirmation, but has not been posted to my account. All other businesses want to post payments to get the money.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an FYI.

My father had COPD and had leased oxygen equipment and tanks from Apria Healthcare. He passed in April of this year at 79, and my mother paid two final bills. The last because they claimed they were never paid. In October Apria Healthcare sent her a check in my father's name, knowing he was deceased,  because she had in fact overpaid. She called them to have them send a check in her name because she was unable to do anything with a check in his. They said the needed a copy of the death certificate emailed to PPMC@APRIA.COM, and said to reference the check #, state her relationship to the deceased and provide her mailing address. I did this for her because she is technologically illiterate.

After a couple weeks, when she never received the check, she called and got the run around. They claimed they never received the email. I had owned a small website development and hosting company for 18 years. I know that, when you send an email to an email address that does not exist, the mail server bounces the email back to you. This is how I know it was received. Whomever she talked to said that they didn't have to send her a check because the account was not in her name. She went to the local Apria Healthcare office and got the same treatment. I filed a BBB complaint and their response was the she refused to send the copy of the death certificate, which is a lie. They received the email with the attached death certificate, they just want to keep $26.40 from the widow of a former customer. It's sick!

IMO, people need to be think carefully about dealing with Apria Healthcare. They love to game play. 

Consumer, Beware.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started CPAP in March this year. Unfortunately I signed up with Apria. It was a nightmare of billing mistakes, harrassing calls, messed up online portal. On top of that, in May the machine was replaced due to a defect, but only after I physically went to their office in person. In August my humidifier went out and they told me I would have to replace the machine because they had already replaced the machine once. So they sold me a defective machine and replaced it with a new machine that had no warranty.

So I gave up and bought my own machine online and am going to return this one to Apria. I'd rather pay for my own machine out of pocket then ever have to deal with Apria again. Unfortunately the insurance company is in bed with the DME's and does not have any info on which DME I can buy a machine outright from. Said I had to just call from a list and the DME would have to call the insurance company to find out if I could purchase the machine outright.

It cost me $800 out of pocket and it doesn't even count towards my deductible or out of pocket costs. Sometimes freedom has a price.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 589 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Apria and Aetna. Rip Off? parkerdt 13 3,527 03-30-2022, 06:12 PM
Last Post: hegel
  Does anyone know how to read an Apria sales agreement? cathyf 1 1,132 03-20-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Information [News] Apria admits fraudulent billing practices [in $40 million NY settlement] ApneaNews 3 1,418 01-31-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: JohnReam
  Resmed / Apria Messed Up anderson5420 5 1,264 12-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Recommended DMEs? Apria is awful tierdal 12 1,905 12-03-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad Apria Healthcare Customer Service NOT GOOD rhyman 14 1,935 08-20-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: stanleydean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.