Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Apria Healthcare Customer Service NOT GOOD
RE: Apria Healthcare Customer Service NOT GOOD
My  health care provider is Kaiser. I have the impression that Kaiser acts as its own DME and Apria (the only choice) simply fills orders. Can anyone confirm or deny this understanding?

It seems I can talk to an RT at Kaiser anytime. Email also works well if talking is not needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
When Apria gives you the cpap machine they will also give you number you can call and talk to someone about your therapy.  Since it’s a cellular device they can look at your numbers and make adjustments.  I never did that because I found this fourm.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my case, I got the PAP machine from Kaiser at their Sleep Center. Apparently, Kaiser has a few on hand as inventory to dispense to patients. To order supplies, call Apria and they ship to our home. No need to go to an Apria branch.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use ROTECH as my DME supplier. I've never needed to speak to an RT since I started CPAP Therapy. I picked up my machine locally from a DME supplier. 

They have since moved or gone out of business. All the supplies I get are from ROTECH via online. They have been good about letting me know when I'm due supplies and if I'm using something other than what they sent the last time. 

I can switch back & forth between masks and cushions w/o any problem. We do have a new medical supplier here in town, but I've yet found any reason to go in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently not much has changed with Apria over the last 18-20 years. My very first DME was a very good small company. When Apria bought my DME things went downhill fast. Another small privately owned DME then served me well for several years.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 78 Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 199 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 141 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 786 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 379 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 134 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 210 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.