Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Who would you prefer to do business with?
This poll is closed.
Apria
40.00%
2 40.00%
Lincare
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Apria or Lincare?
Apria or Lincare?
So, my Medicare Advantage insurance will allow me to use either Apria or Lincare as my supplier. Apria is what I've used previously, but I can't say I like everything about them. I have no experience with Lincare at all. Is there any consensus regarding a preference? I know and expect the replies will be mixed. So, what have your experiences been like with Apria or Lincare
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apria or Lincare?
I use LINCARE… for the past 5 years. Only for quarterly supplies. no issues at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think both companies have their "issues", but from what I've heard from a lot of folks, they refer to the one as "Crapria" for a reason.

Just sayin'... Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2018, 04:55 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I think both companies have their "issues", but from what I've heard from a lot of folks, they refer to the one as "Crapria" for a reason.

Just sayin'... Eat-popcorn

Lol, kinda where I was going myself. They were the ones my insurance set me up with back in 2007 when I was diagnosed. Wasn't impressed at the time, but what did I know, right? The last dealings I had was back in 2011 when my first machine failed under warranty and they replaced it with the one that recently died. Today was my second call with Apria recently and wasn't impressed. The guy sounded East Indian and kept saying MY phone line was bad because he couldn't understand me. After a while I thanked him for his time and hung up, not completing the conversation. I then called Lincare and some gal in Florida answered. I got more information from her in 10-minutes on how to proceed than I ever have from Apria. So, unless I get new information before hand I'll probably go with Lincare. I think...
Post Reply Post Reply
Apria / crapria has always had a lot of bureaucracy, but generally the local staff was pretty good. Back when you and I first started CPAP, the call center was in Sacramento, CA. It wasn't bad, but a lot of billing complaints. I think the current call center duties are now outsourced to India and the Philippines. You get what you pay for, and off-shoring the first-line support is just a terrible idea.

Lincare is a huge organization, but at least the call support is still in Florida, and the corporate leadership is known to intervene when local offices service is below par. So, you feel like you're talking to people that understand you, and the company is more responsive to complaints.

If you read Glassdoor, which is employee reviews of both companies, both have their detractors, but Lincare is not totally demoralized.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently have Apria as my DME. Lincare is also available in the same nearby city as Apria. Corporate level Apria is a mixed customer experience, ranging IMO from bad to OK. Locally, they aren't bad to deal with in the office, but ease of contact cooled off after my new customer status wore out.

No doubt there are better DMEs than these 2, but in my area they are the only ones except my original DME called CPO2 which is connected to uh...sorry forgot who.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have much experience with Apria, but my recommendation is not to use Lincare. Dealing with Lincare has been an absolute nightmare. It took over a month and a half from the time Lincare received my son's prescription to get his CPAP machine. Once we finally got his machine it took 6 more months for us to get any supplies. My insurance covers 100% of DME supplies yet a couple of months after receiving the machine Lincare sent me a bill for over $800. We are now 10 months in we are finally receiving supplies, but billing issues have yet to be resolved. One example of the numerous errors Lincare has made with our account is couple of months ago Lincare sent me a check refunding $200 I never paid them and 2 days later I received a bill for $600 I didn't owe them. Both my local Lincare office and Lincare's national offices in my experience are completely incompetent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two years ago I went with Apria and ended up returning the machine. This summer I went with Lincare. It did take 6 weeks to get the machine but I still prefer to work with them and keep them as my DME over Apria. But everyone's experience is different. I just recently got a call that it was time to reorder the filters and the silicone nasal replacement piece for my mask. Since I've purchased other masks this month to try to find the one that works best for me, I'm not in a big hurry to receive the supplies. But I'm watching to see how long it takes from the day I ordered to when I receive it. Even if it's slow, I'm not interested in going back to Apria.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what machines Apria uses but I know the local Lincare uses Resmed AirSense 10 Autosets. Resmed is the machine you want.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apria switched CPAP Elton525 10 522 01-22-2024, 02:32 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Apria Healthcare 2PAPs 10 2,283 09-19-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Apria and Aetna. Rip Off? parkerdt 13 3,412 03-30-2022, 06:12 PM
Last Post: hegel
  Does anyone know how to read an Apria sales agreement? cathyf 1 1,088 03-20-2022, 03:09 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Information [News] Apria admits fraudulent billing practices [in $40 million NY settlement] ApneaNews 3 1,363 01-31-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: JohnReam
  Resmed / Apria Messed Up anderson5420 5 1,210 12-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Recommended DMEs? Apria is awful tierdal 12 1,819 12-03-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.