Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Aquafina for Humidifier?
RE: Aquafina for Humidifier?
(09-03-2019, 11:46 AM)crowtor Wrote: i only use still mineral water, distilled is too expensive, and you cant drink it.

Of course you can drink distilled water. It doesn't always taste the best ....

As to if you want to use a humogrifier on the road but don't want to carry water?

Most places have a faucet in the bathroom. You can use that...

And EVIAN water? Spell it backwards and you get "NAIVE". That right there is some slick marketing when you can insult your customer and get them to give you money for something that costs virtually nothing.

I remember way back when bottled water was just getting popular back in the last millennium. I asked why and a friend was going on and on about how it was SO much better and I pointed out the label showing the source of that particular bottle as "Municipal water supply, Houston, Texas"... Maybe if it had been filtered through some malted barley and hops, they'd have something.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2019, 10:37 AM)bluesboybob Wrote: I'm going on a road trip for a couple of weeks and I don't want to deal with my usual gallon jugs of distilled water. Since I usually have some bottled drinking water with me anyway I'm thinking it might be a good option for the humidifier. Maybe some purified water, like Aquafina, not spring water. Any thoughts? Thanks.
If you are concerned about mineral build up, then just fill your tank to the max line each night. As the water evaporates, the minerals left behind become more concentrated and precipitate out more readily. Keeping the concentration lower reduces the precipitation. Use a humidifier setting that will still leave plenty of water by morning, so the minerals do not become as concentrated.

I haven't tried using something like Diet Sprite or club soda to remove calcium, but it might be easier to find in the hotel than vinegar
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used Aquafina in the humidifier for the last 4+ years. It’s a 4ppm water so pretty close to distilled. I have never had a build up of any kind in my humidifier. I clean my water chmber with soap every few months.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 89 Today, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 345 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 246 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 886 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 501 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 422 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,219 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.