Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
(07-16-2012, 08:58 AM)mjbearit Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 07:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Symptoms do persist for most of us. It's hard to say why.

This weekend has been terrible due to family issues so sleep has been evasive at best.

Family...love 'em or ... put their phone numbers on auto block Oh-jeez
(07-16-2012, 09:15 AM)sheiman Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 08:58 AM)mjbearit Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 07:01 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Symptoms do persist for most of us. It's hard to say why.

This weekend has been terrible due to family issues so sleep has been evasive at best.

Family...love 'em or ... put their phone numbers on auto block Oh-jeez

Not so much in this case. My wife lost her dad Friday morning.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
(07-16-2012, 09:37 AM)mjbearit Wrote: [quote='sheiman' pid='14638' dateline='1342448159']
[quote='mjbearit' pid='14636' dateline='1342447131']

Not so much in this case. My wife lost her dad Friday morning.

Oh, I'm so sorry.

i
(07-15-2012, 11:30 PM)sheiman Wrote: But there also is a setting in the Sleepyhead software that allows you to track a "user-flagged event." You get to set the % of tidal reduction and the time limits. I turned that setting on, so apparently get to see "sub-apneas."

I think we're stretching the capabilities of the CPAP machine when we try to go below 10 seconds. All the machine has is a flow sensor that's measuring how fast the air is exiting the machine. When the air is moving fastest, the machine thinks we're inhaling. When it's moving the slowest, it thinks we're exhaling. When the air flows at a steady speed we're not breathing. Measuring a hypopnea is even harder!

During a sleep study there are a lot of other sensors hooked up to the patient, so determination is more precise.

There are two adverse effects that occur as a result of an apnea or a hypopnea. One is a lowering of the blood oxygen level. The other is arousals that interfere with the quality of our sleep. It seems to me that if events are lasting less than 10 seconds they won't cause either of these two adverse effects. In fact, even if they last a bit longer they may not, either. This is why the way you feel is such an important indicator of the effectiveness of your therapy. If your AHI is lower than 5, and the events contributing to it last only a bit more than 10 seconds, and you feel like you're getting good quality sleep, then you're probably getting effective therapy.

Quote:I did do a lot of research on the medical journal sites today and could not find a spec of information about the sub-clinical events or why the threshold was set at 10 seconds. 9.9 seconds seems like a long time to stop breathing and still be measured as a successful treatment. I'm going to ask my doctor when i go for the first follow-up in two months.

It's probably buried somewhere in the early research. Once something like that catches on, all the researchers go with it until somebody finds a reason to suspect its validity.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(07-16-2012, 10:40 AM)Sleepster Wrote: It's probably buried somewhere in the early research. Once something like that catches on, all the researchers go with it until somebody finds a reason to suspect its validity.

I'mma ask my doc when I see him.
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark
I can't seem to upload the 9.2 patch. Can someone send it to me?
(07-25-2012, 05:26 PM)jfmusil Wrote: I can't seem to upload the 9.2 patch. Can someone send it to me?

I assume you are running the Windows version of SH software. Are you running the software as administrator? It makes a difference.

If you aren't running as admin, right-click on the icon to start the SH software and choose the Run as administrator option.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks, that took care of that issue. Now I keep getting a message that there is no data at the specified location. I have tried using the drive letter F or C. No luck.
Point it to the folder or drive that contains the P-Series folder.
Sleepster

I have a Respironics 560P maching so it may not be supported.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,992 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,517 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,141 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,157 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,591 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.