Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Sep-2011 thru May 2014]
RE: SleepyHead CPAP Reporting Software - JediMark [copied from old forum]
aielcaracarn Wrote:Jedimark, is there any chance that a future version of your app could print daily results. I'd love to be able to print daily results to a PDF file on my Mac, and then send them to my iPad. Currently, I'm only able to do this with overview. Of course, I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, so I guess this feature may already be there, and I'm doing something wrong. Also, if you're into iOS development, an iPad SleepyHead app would be great. With the number of people using cpap, it could be a big money making app. Thanks for having a Mac version of this app and for making the app free by the way. That's unreal! Other versions of cpap software, which seem to be for windows only from what I saw online before finding SleepyHead, are around the $100 mark. Besides being a Mac user who doesn't have a Bootcamp partition or any vm software to run Windows, I couldn't afford the price being charged for other cpap software, as I am currently out of work due to problems from my complex apnea and other health conditions. Again, thank you so much for your service to the sleep apnea community.
jedimark Wrote:
aielcaracarn,(time=1322844078) Wrote:Jedimark, is there any chance that a future version of your app could print daily results. I'd love to be able to print daily results to a PDF file on my Mac, and then send them to my iPad. Currently, I'm only able to do this with overview. Of course, I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, so I guess this feature may already be there, and I'm doing something wrong.

It's now in GIT source version, and I'm very pleased with it.. In fact there has been a LOT of cool new changes Smile

Quote:Also, if you're into iOS development, an iPad SleepyHead app would be great. With the number of people using cpap, it could be a big money making app.

I plan to, but an android version will happen first, purely because this is the hardware I have access to (I have an acer iconia tablet.)
Unless anyone can enlighten me on iOS development, I'm pretty sure I need a mac with Xcode to do this. Sad

The tablet versions will likely be a paid app, but definitely not an expensive one.. (I just hate apps with ads.)

The full Windows/Mac/Linux version will always be free. Maybe some kind a Pro version later on?

Quote:Thanks for having a Mac version of this app and for making the app free by the way. That's unreal! Other versions of cpap software, which seem to be for windows only from what I saw online before finding SleepyHead, are around the $100 mark. Besides being a Mac user who doesn't have a Bootcamp partition or any vm software to run Windows, I couldn't afford the price being charged for other cpap software, as I am currently out of work due to problems from my complex apnea and other health conditions. Again, thank you so much for your service to the sleep apnea community.

Your very welcome..

The main reason I started sleepyhead was because I am in a similar situation. My wife has been supporting me all this time I've been sick.
I love to code, and I wanted to keep my foggy mind sharp as best as I can. This way I can get a running start when my health gets back in check..

It hasn't been easy writing code for a platform I haven't got access to.

Luckily I have had to do this blind. Jimbo (James M.) has been a huge help making sure things work on a Mac, with extremely thorough testing (a lot of it relevant to all platforms), preparing the builds, and plenty of other stuff. I'm very grateful for his assistance.

It also helps having an awesome toolkit library like Qt that does a lot of the cross platform heavy lifting.
jedimark Wrote:
sleep5hours,(time=1322949552) Wrote:Hi jedimark,
Any thoughts about integrating Zeo sleep data into Sleepyhead?
As far as I know this would be a very unique capability not available anywhere else.
The Zeo data relates time to the sleep phases of light, REM, and deep. It also shows wake.
Being able to do analytics like asking whether apneas are more likely to happen in one phase or another, and which kind of apnea, obstructive vs central, would be very cool. For those of us with sleep maintenance insomnia if it could show that our midnight awakenings do or don't correlate with a burst of apnea events it might also be useful in consultations with our sleep doc.
I have a Zeo and would be glad to share some data or do other investigations. There are a number of timeline based graphics that could be developed around this too.

PS. I did a search on this forum for sleepyhead+zeo but did not get any hits. If this is a topic you have already worked here or elsewhere just shoot me a pointer. Tx !

I've hacked around with ZEO in my initial attempts.. There is a loader stub (placeholder) for it already in sleepyhead. I've just got to fill it in..

The sleep data in the CSV's are stored in 30 second windows, and not particularly accurate.. :/

There is a special firmware you can get from Zeo that will give you live brainwave data if you have access to a serial port..

They are open-source friendly..

jedimark Wrote:SleepyHead v0.8.8 test build for windows is out.. I'm calling this one an "Almost Beta".. it has bucketloads of new features.

Available from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/files/

It has a lot of CMS50 oximetry improvements,
It also supports Intellipap machines..
Can print from Daily view, overview and oximetry pages.
Three new graphs for PRS1 users, derived from the Flow Rate waveform..
Daily Bookmarks feature.
and Heaps more!

Full release notes are on the wiki:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...otes-0.8.8

It's probably a good idea to start fresh and remove the "SleepApp" folder, as there has been some database format changes, and things could go haywire..
jedimark Wrote:
cbramsey,(time=1323135697) Wrote:Look forward to the new Mac version that will be out soon as Jimbo gets it built. Thumbs-up-2

I was looking at the SourceForge website for your project and it appears that you will be incorporating the ability to logout and "Change User" profile. Well-done

As far as developing a version of SleepyHead for iOS, I would be willing to purchase this app if it were available.

Kudos for a great product. Even though you decreed it to be "almost Beta", it seems (to me) to be a very stable product.

Print support is the only hold up at the moment on Mac.. Something weird is going on this platform where it mucks the layout up.. Hopefully make some progress with this today..

The change user thing is done. It's technically a dirty hack that restarts and goes to the login screen, but it does it so fast you don't notice. Smile

It's getting a lot closer to being "feature complete".
kaptain_zero Wrote:Mark,

A quick thank you from Canada for your very nice program. I just got a new auto machine that your program supports to replace my 8 year old Remstar Auto and was delighted to find that your program supports it.

I have not had any success compiling from source for my linux machine, but I do run your windows version in XP running in a VirtualBox session. It works well except for video corruption on the "overview" page. In the previous version, there was a button to save the page as .html which I could do and then see the result in a browser, but that button vanished in the latest version. Yes, I have another XP install on a separate drive, but then I have to shut down and restart which is a pain so I just ignore that bit and dig through the details instead. Not complaining.... it's a quirk of the Vbox video system, I'm sure.

Once again, a big thanks for your efforts in coding this useful piece of software.

Regards

Christian
jedimark Wrote:Hi Christian,

Try building with the QtSDK from nokia (qt.nokia.com). Sometimes the native Qt libraries in Linux distros are a bit old..
It's much nicer running under native Linux than in a Virtual machine.. The windows builds also sorta runs ok in wine..

It builds ok with my Fedora 15's native libraries.. Other users have reported success with recent Ubuntu versions. (Someone is working on preparing a .deb for Ubuntu for us..)

The HTML report thing was a bit dodgy unfortunately, and was incompatible with the new print system.

If you install CutePDF (or simillar) in your VBOX, you can "print" to PDF's..

Not much I can do about the video corruption in the VM.. It's only simple OpenGL stuff, so I'm not sure why it's mucking up.. :-/
jedimark Wrote:
Sleepster,(time=1323614676) Wrote:
kaptain_zero,(time=1323574092) Wrote:It works well except for video corruption on the "overview" page.
I noticed this, too, and I'm running it on a Windows XP machine. I have to close the program and open it again.

Hmm.. Is that in a VM, or just plain winXP?

What does the corruption look like?

Also, do you know what video chip is in your computer?
jedimark Wrote:
Sleepster,(time=1323635107) Wrote:
jedimark,(time=1323617261) Wrote:Hmm.. Is that in a VM, or just plain winXP?

What does the corruption look like?

Also, do you know what video chip is in your computer?
Just plain XP. ATI Radeon Xpress 1150.

When I move the mouse across the Overview screen, the screen "blinks". In the worst cases, the text changes to what appears to be some strange illegible font. Closing SleepyHead and launching again usually solves the problem. I'm running v0.8.8.

v0.8.8-3 fixed an OpenGL error in the 0.8.8 test build release.. are you sure your running this version?
jedimark Wrote:
Sleepster,(time=1323652418) Wrote:
jedimark,(time=1323646799) Wrote:v0.8.8-3 fixed an OpenGL error in the 0.8.8 test build release.. are you sure your running this version?
I'm running v0.8.8 build date Dec 5 2011 21:41:49.

I don't know if it's v0.8.8-3.

The download was tagged 0.8.8-3.. If you haven't got it, it will explain your graphics problems.

Here's a direct link to the binary
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...p/download

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 3,991 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,516 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,205 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Arrow ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions] SuperSleeper 1,109 1,649,118 08-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Information Archived SH Discussions [Q&A Thread from Jun-2014 thru Aug 2015] SuperSleeper 542 155,149 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Arrow EncoreBasic 2.4.8.0 CPAP Reporting Software [Archived read-only thread] EncoreBasic User 142 88,588 02-18-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: on the virge
  ResScan SW thread 2 -- runs on 64 bit OS? justMongo 6 3,372 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM
Last Post: herbm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.